fasting and calorie counting

Options
This is my first ever Ramadan coming up where I am counting calories! It will be interesting to see how I juggle the calories and of course I will be making healthy choices for myself at dusk when I break my fast. I will be making all those fried goodies for the family though.

Any Muslims fasting and calorie counting this year?

Replies

• Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am Christian and I do follow Orthodox lent (another is coming next Monday). I count it the same way as any other day, don't see any problem. You can log in your Iftars as dinners and Suhoor as breakfast, skipping lunch and snacks.
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like a challenge and well done you for trying to stay healthy during this time. I am not a muslim and have never fasted really but I guess my only tip from what you wrote and I guess how I would feel if it was me would be to plan your meals if possible. When I don't plan I am more likely to eat the wrong foods especially if I am tired. Perhaps where possible pre make what you will having when you break your fast.

Best of luck with it and enjoy :)
  • haleema93
    haleema93 Posts: 70
    Options
    i'm in the same boat as you OP. It is my first ramadhan where i'm calorie counting.
    I'm just going to stay away from the fried food (too calorific), everything else should be okay to eat as you've got all your calories to use in one meal. haha :D
    i can never eat anything at sehri so usually just have water before the fast closes.
    I never lose weight in Ramadhan though, usually stay the same or gain 1 or 2lbs.. hope this year is different!