I got told ' you are lucky being so slim '

Options
flow2512
flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
I have gone from 215 lbs to 142 lbs over the last two years and went into marks & Spencer's to buy some new jeans and was very surprised that the size 8, fitted perfectly.!

When I went to pay, the cashier said, 'wow' aren't you lucky being a size 8 and so slim, I wish I was that size!

I told her, that this time 2 years ago I was in size 18 and when they were too tight, I refused to buy a size 20, so decided to do something about it, once and for all, and suggested nicely that she. Joined mfp.

Replies

• zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your huge loss, it's definitely not luck - I'm sure you poured so much hardwork into your results. Hopefully that person was inspired and joins :)
  • MyCabbages
    MyCabbages Posts: 33
    Options
    How did she respond to that?!

So many people think that "thin" people are just born that way and never have to work for it.

Anyways, I'm so glad that MFP has helped you achieve your weight/fitness goals :)
  • ckriegs
    ckriegs Posts: 21
    Options
    Good for you!! Rock those 8s!!
  • anallydiaz
    anallydiaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats! :)
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You should be bursting with pride. That's just wonderful. Enjoy your success!
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good job! Way to pay it forward! :) Knowledge is key.~
  • lockeddoor
    lockeddoor Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations!

I hate when people attribute thinness and/or fitness to "luck". Like you just rolled out of bed one day and found yourself 10 pant sizes smaller on accident.
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new healthy lifestyle! that's awesome! size 8 is so fun!

i had some frustration the other day when someone said to me "If it (losing weight) were that easy, then everyone would look like you."
    That comment rubbed me the wrong way, because i took it as the girl telling me that because i was smaller than her already that my weight loss was easy. When, in fact, i worked really hard and still do to maintain!

lol like you my weightloss took two years (or so). In response to the girl, alll i could say was "well, you have to work hard, get sweaty, get dirty, break a nail or two. And if you don't do those things (exercise) then it's even harder and all that means is that you really don't even want to try."

People want it to be easy so the second it's challenging at all they just give up.

So glad you didn't! Kudos again!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly some people do have the luck of natural ease of slimness but I KNOW not all slim people are lucky some have to work to keep slim. I get it.

Great job OP on your loss. :)
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Must have been great to hear it. I had a similar sorry when buying a coat this winter. I bought a size 42 at the same place that I bought a 54 last year. When I was paying, the clerk looks at me and asks "so fast?". It took a few seconds to figure out what he was talking about. It sure felt good!

Personally I probably would have punched her for calling it easy :)
  • flow2512
    flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    'Yes' it was so nice to hear, as I don't seem to get a lot of compliments, and the cashier was pleased I mentioned mfp to her and she wrote it down, as she had not heard of it, and couldn't actually believe that it is a 'free' site to use.

I hope she joins.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!