Weigh-Ins

Options
Hi everyone,

I thought i would ask the question real quick of how often are you weighing in ? I know it's not the best idea to weigh yourself each morning, but was curious to see what everyone else was doing, and if it has been working? I thought i would weigh in on mondays and fridays? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Happy Monday, and good luck to you in whatever your diet/health/nutrition goals are!!!

Replies

• Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, Monday mornings. I don't think I could face the disappointment of weighing in every morning.
  • denise309
    Options
    Im torn on when to weight, I know that everyday will only discorage me, but waiting for a whole week will be hard for me, Ideally I would LOVE to weigh monthly...ahhhhhh decision decisions LOL

Most people weight officially once a weeke

good luck
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i do weigh myself every morning but only for my own personal benefit...it keeps me focused on the prize =)

i have only one MFP weigh in and that is on monday mornings...that is my way of being accountable for the weekend which is my biggest enemy in regards to food.
  • Dudepapa
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday. My goal is to be 60 lbs lighter than what I am right now!!!! :tongue:
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    i will be only weighing myself on a sunday before the new week starts on a monday...i only started this saturday and weighed myself today as its the start of a new week and already lost 5 lb, im so so happy
  • LizaJayne
    Options
    I'm in a program at the hospital and they say weekly. Sometimes I can't stand it and weigh myself midweek too.

Just remember, it will fluctuate so don't beat yourself up if you gain. And the goal is 1 -2 pounds a week if you want to keep it off. Anymore than that and your probably not eating enough. I believe that's when we run into plateaus and regaining.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Once a week, in my case Friday morning, after the bathroom and before breakfast, always on the same scale..
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    I actually don't even own a scale. Sometimes I love this, and sometimes I hate it. I have a feeling I would spend too much time worrying about the little fluctuations during the day if I did have one.

I usually weigh myself a couple of times each month, whenever I'm at my Mom's and see her scale.
    This usually lets the numbers of pounds lost be higher, which is fun... if you can stand to not know your weight for awhile, lol :)
  • lydiarunt
    lydiarunt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I think Monday and Friday sounds like a great plan. The important thing probably is to do it regularly so you can KNOW YOUR NUMBER. Keeping a close eye on that weight is what matters. So we know if we are on target, or not.
    Good luck. Im starting today.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, that is what MFP recommends because one can fluctuate so much in a given day. i weigh in on Fridays so that I can un-do any damage from the weekend during the week! :) Hope that helps!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but I only officially track it once a week. I think it's fun to see the fluctuations and no matter what the scale says- it's my motivaiton. Lose a little- keep at it! Gained a little or no change- work harder and more often. I know I'm not the norm, but it works.