TDEE and BMR?

Options
My TDEE is 2200 calories and my BMR is 1800 calories. Do i eat at the BMR (1800) , exercise and then eat the calories back which i just burnt off?

Just a little confused on the day before i start dieting.

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    This is a great link to start with. Will give you much information.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~2200 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Allan
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If your BMR is 1800, a TDEE of 2200 doesn't include exercise, that's sedentary. If you're truly doing the TDEE method, you should include planned exercise and then deduct a percentage deficit from that number. Typically folks go with a 20% deduction but with only 15 pounds to lose, a 10-15% deficit would be more appropriate for you.

TDEE multipliers:
    Little or No Exercise: TDEE = 1.2 x BMR
    Light Exercise/Sports 1 to 3 Times Per Week: TDEE = 1.375 x BMR
    Moderate Exercise, Sports 3 to 5 Times Per Week: TDEE = 1.55 x BMR
    Heavy Exercise, Sports 6 to 7 Times Per Week: TDEE = 1.725 x BMR
    Very heavy exercise (e.g., physical job; training 2x/day): TDEE = 1.9 x BMR

Or make sure you eat at least 1800 and eat back 1/2 to 3/4 of your earned exercise calories.
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Use this website, and it will give you a calorie allowance for weight loss based on the TDEE method :
    http://www.thefitgirls.com/weight-loss-calculator.aspx