kickboxing

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
Okay here is my deal. I LOVE kickboxing as a workout. I love the punch combos most definitely. I just find it fun. Anyways, I've tried tae bo with billy blanks and absolutely HATED it. I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of a good kickboxing workout that you could recommend. Anyone else love kickboxing but not like billy blanks?

Replies

• jfourth
    jfourth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I actually really like Billy Blanks and have all the tae bo dvds I do regularly. BUT I also REALLY like turbo jam. I have a bunch of those dvds and do them regularly as well. Both are a great workout!
  • luvmy3kidz
    Options
    I really enjoy the P90X Kenpo workout. It is a blast!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    For a more 'for real' kickbox feel, I suggest Ilaria Montagnani's Powerstrikes or Bodystrikes (there are several volumes of each) or Rapid Fire by Susan Chung. If you like to have a little fun & choreography with your kickbox, I would look at Amy Bento Kickbox Surge. Although the cueing isn't the greatest, the workout is really good...Tracy Staehle Cardio Kickbox Challenge.
  • addie807
    Options
    Try getting yourself a punching bag. You could do the punching bag for 15-30 minutes a day and get a good workout .
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I love Kickboxing and found a favorite! Its called Turbo Jam and a more intense version is Turbo Fire. I am in month 3 of Turbo Fire and have lost 7 pounds and met my goal during that time. It is fun and fast paced.

Not sure if you have heard of either one of those. My absolute favorite workout!!
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    I am a kickboxer too (or I was ...) and I love Turbo Fire - it's a combination, nice and fast and really great workout!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Adding in my vote for Turbo Fire as well!! Absolutely love love love it!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    My vote is for a bag or a real kickboxing class for first option.

Otherwise, BAS Rutten's video's or mp3 are hardcore.
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    Options
    I have lots of Billy Blanks dvds and stilll do them now and then, but have to agree with others about the Turbo series..I have Turbo Jam and will be buying Turbo Fire sometime this year..Love Chalene Johnson as a trainer! .I also have Kelly Coffey Meyer's kickboxing dvd. It is really easy to follow after doing it a few times. I have taking some hardcore kickboxing classes, too..intense and a huge calorie burner...I am always looking to change up routines, but kickboxing is my favorite..so looking at everyone else's posts with suggestions..
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Although I already posted some suggestions, I also do think Turbo Fire would fit what you're looking for. I also thought of Cathe Freidrich's Kick, Punch & Crunch &/or her MMA Boxing (lots of punching). I mentioned Amy Bento's Kickbox SUrge already, but she has several others you may like...In The Ring, Rumble, HiLo Knockout....Crosspit could be an option for you as well.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    My vote is for a bag or a real kickboxing class for first option.

Otherwise, BAS Rutten's video's or mp3 are hardcore.

Hear hear! Bas' workout is awesome.