Weight loss per week?

Options
Would any of you who weight daily be willing to share/post how they're weight fluctuates each day? I'm at a 1 lb per week loss and i'm not sure what numbers I should be seeing on the scale. I know that weight fluctuates 3-5 lbs either way, but I want to make sure that i'm on track.

Me-

Share yours please!

Replies

• BlackRose101
    BlackRose101 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I don't have enough data right now to be of use to you, but have you tried graphing your results? There are apps that will give you a trend line, and also calculate your average weekly loss rate.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I have been averaging just over 2 lbs a week with the highest weekly loss at 7 lbs, which happened after I went on a cruise and gained 5. I use Excel to calculate my weekly loss, % of weight loss and % to goal.

My diet last year (which fizzed out after a month) I weighed myself daily. I got too discouraged with daily weigh ins so now I weigh in every Wednesday morning after I wake up. Mondays and Tuesdays are usually my strongest days with dieting and exercising (paying the price for being bad on the weekend) and my weigh ins on Wednesday are usually successful and motivating.

I am really down today b/c I decided to do an unofficial weigh in on a Monday morning and I gained 2 lbs. Feeling depressed now. Hopefully I can lose those two and at least one more by Wednesday morning.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Get an app for your phone, it's boring until you have some data loaded but very insightful for trends. I use Libra for Android but there are lots out there.

libra3.jpg
  • 130helen
    130helen Posts: 9
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 10 pounds! My goal is to lose 1 pound every 5 days. For me, it will take about a year to reach my goal weight, but I am in for the slow and steady this time, instead of the yoyo roller coaster. I have always felt before that a year was such a long time to be on a diet. Now I realize that I am not dieting, I am changing the way I look at food and portion size, and sticking to my BMR to help me eat what I want and still lose weight. I love this calorie counter. It makes it so easy. I've done the quick weight loss thing before, and it works but I always felt deprived, so as soon as I lost the weight I'd be binging again. This time I am taking a long haul approach, so that whatever I eat in the meantime, I have plenty of time to fix it and still stay at my goal of 1 pound every 5 days.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Here's my graph for last August. The diamonds are daily weights, which as you can see, fluctuate quite a bit, while the red line is the trend (exponentially smoothed weighted average). All weights are taken first thing in the morning, after emptying my bladder, before eating anything.

HackDiet.png
  • BlackRose101
    Options
    I'm liking the graphs. I use the MFP mobile graph option and it shows that i'm steadily going down. I just want to compare my chart to others to see if i'm on the right path.

Do any more people have graphs/weights thats they're willing to share? :D
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I track daily. I lost 3.8 pounds from May 11th to June 7th, average just shy of 1 pound per week. I won't expect to see 144.x again for a couple of weeks, then it will whoosh down to 144-141 2-4 weeks from now.

May 11th: 148.5, that day started period * typical for me to gain after and/or hold steady, then after a couple of weeks the scale is more friendly
    144.7 June 7th (started cycle)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    What someone else is losing really won't help you that much. There are just too many variables to take in to account.

Such as...

beginning weight
    #lbs to lose
    deficit
    calorie goal
    how aggressive someone iswith their weight loss
    how close they are to their goal weight
    lifestyle
    exercise...even the type of exercise

The first 25lbs I lost at an average of 8lbs a month. The next 25lbs I averaged 6.5 a month. This last 25lbs is closer to 5lbs a month. I am sure that the last 25lbs will be even slower...:ohwell:

Throughout the 75lbs it has not been spread evenly throughout the weeks. There have been times that I lost 0lbs for 2 or 3 weeks and then suddenly I would lose anywhere from 4-8lbs in a week. This last time I went three weeks and lost nothing then in the last 2 week sI have dropped 7lbs. During the times that I don't lose my weight will fluctuate a couple of pounds due to water gain. I base my weight loss on monthly averages.

Comparing your weight loss to others is not an indication of how successful you are. It all comes down to trusting the system...accurate tracking...most of all how much effort that you are putting in to the process. If you do the work...barring no medical conditions...you will lose weight. How fast depends on the reasons listed above plus other variables...how willing you are to do what you need to do.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    The 'trick' to weighing yourself daily? Don't let yourself get aggravated as you gather 3-4 months worth of data, so you can see your own trend. Some women experience water gain before their period begins, I experience it after. We're all different.

You can also see changes based on your nutrition. Sodium or a high carb day will make me shoot up a few pounds. For sodium, its clear water weight. While I don't typically eat 'high carb' if I have a very high day (cornbread, yummmm) then glyocen stores are filled = water weight but its adjusted off within a few days.
  • BlackRose101
    Options

Comparing your weight loss to others is not an indication of how successful you are. It all comes down to trusting the system...accurate tracking...most of all how much effort that you are putting in to the process. If you do the work...barring no medical conditions...you will lose weight. How fast depends on the reasons listed above plus other variables...how willing you are to do what you need to do.

Oh, I agree. I'm not really looking at the amount of weight loss. I'm more focused on the trend and if it's similar, and from what i've seen here people jump up and down nonstop. The information is just helping me to relax a bit. I was at 1200 calories a day and seeing some great losses but then I upped my calories so it's slower now.