people who run 15-20 miles per week

Options
I'm looking to hook up with friends that are addicted to running. I love running, I love running gadgets and running gear. I'm addicted to all things running. I'm not addicted to marathon's (i'm not there yet) My goal is to run one 5K a month. I have run 4 so far. But my training has me running 4.4 miles a day, today I turn it up to 4.8 miles. I love to hear stories about your runs, what kind of shoes you are running in. I have NB Mimbus (don't wear them) and a pair of Nike Lunarglides (which I love) so add me if you are like mind. I guess I'm not a long distance runner but not a short distance sprinter. I'm a beginner but love running.

Replies

• stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just sent a friend request. Birdie
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Dude, I've become a running fool! I have so many gadgets people think I'm searching for John Connor.
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm a swimmer who has picked up running.

My PRs are:
    5K: 21:08
    10K: 45:15
    1/2: 1:41:08

I wear NB, and they are the best shoes I've ever had. In fact, I have two different pairs. I run on MWFSu (4, 6, 4, 10ish respectively). Welcome to the running world.

ETA: I swim for 40 min. each on MWF, too.
    AND
    ETA: I use Humana Fit and Run Dr. apps when I run. I used to use myrunkeeper, but it didn't keep up with me :)
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'm a swimmer who has picked up running.

My PRs are:
    5K: 21:08
    10K: 45:15
    1/2: 1:41:08

I wear NB, and they are the best shoes I've ever had. In fact, I have two different pairs. I run on MWFSu (4, 6, 4, 10ish respectively). Welcome to the running world.

ETA: I swim for 40 min. each on MWF, too.
    AND
    ETA: I use Humana Fit and Run Dr. apps when I run. I used to use myrunkeeper, but it didn't keep up with me :)

Those are amazing times! :drinker:
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I picked up a cheap pair of Nike Luna something (not glides) that are bright orange and have space for that pedometer thing you can hide inside the shoe. I don't really like gadgets or tech, so I don't use that feature. But the shoes seem designed in a way that gives me good ankle support.

My wife and I love running. Just gave trail running a shot this weekend and loved it. Don't be afraid to up the miles. Depending on how fast you're running (maybe what we do would better be described as jogging), you can probably toss on a whole other mile (instead of increments of 0.2). You can do it, buddy. Once you get in that zone...
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Sent a FR

I average about 20 miles a week. I will be increasing that once I can run outdoors.
  • abaldi0506
    abaldi0506 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i started running about a year and half ago. Last year did a race a month (with two 10K included). I just ran my first 10 miler and was very happy with my time. Now I'm looking to do a half marathon. I never thought of myself as a long distance runner, but once I started doing the races - it becomes addicting. Next month I'm doing an 8K and 5K mud run.

I use RunKeeper to track my runs/races and it syncs with MFP. I also use the Body Media arm band that tracks steps/calories in/calories burned/sleep and that also syncs with MFP.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the friend request. last night I did my PR of 4.8 miles I plan on doing that for about a month or at least until I can run it comfortably and up it again. i take things slow. I only run 5Ks (this year) and plan on doing longer like 10Ks next year. but I find 5Ks are so much fun. I love run addicts!!! thanks again.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.

I started out running C25K just over 2 years ago.

I ended up going very quickly from 5K to half marathon and ran 8 total races in 2012 (3 5Ks, 1 10K, 1 7 miler, 1 10 miler and 2 half marathons).

2013 I didn't run quite as much overall, but still did 10 more races (2 5Ks, 1 7 miler, 3 10 milers and 4 half marathons)

This year I'm up to 35 - 40 miles per week as I am training for my first full marathon. I've run one 10K so far this year, have my first 10 miler this Sunday and have two other half marathons planned before my full.

If you haven't yet, check out the distance runners group here... lots of other run fanatics and lots of great support and advice.

Ted
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Anyone have the "in" on 5ks and 10ks for FREE? My wife and I constantly feel broke and all of the races in our area are almost always $50. We just can't afford it, so we end up running on the greenbelt or in the foothills.

I doubt many of you live in Boise, ID, but thought I'd check, anyway.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Options
    Anyone have the "in" on 5ks and 10ks for FREE? My wife and I constantly feel broke and all of the races in our area are almost always $50. We just can't afford it, so we end up running on the greenbelt or in the foothills.

I doubt many of you live in Boise, ID, but thought I'd check, anyway.

I know what you mean. My goal is to run a 5K a month and didn't realize that it will cost me about 50 bucks a month. hahaha. oh well. it's worth it. 50bucks for a piece a paper with a number cheap tshirt and a piece of metal with a ribbon attached to it. lol
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm new to running but have worked my way up to doing 4 miles 2-3 times a week. Feel free to add me.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Options
    Friend request sent.

I started out running C25K just over 2 years ago.

I ended up going very quickly from 5K to half marathon and ran 8 total races in 2012 (3 5Ks, 1 10K, 1 7 miler, 1 10 miler and 2 half marathons).

2013 I didn't run quite as much overall, but still did 10 more races (2 5Ks, 1 7 miler, 3 10 milers and 4 half marathons)

This year I'm up to 35 - 40 miles per week as I am training for my first full marathon. I've run one 10K so far this year, have my first 10 miler this Sunday and have two other half marathons planned before my full.

If you haven't yet, check out the distance runners group here... lots of other run fanatics and lots of great support and advice.

Ted

I have checked it out but I can't relate because I only run just shy of 5miles. so I'm looking for beginners or people who run about the same milage as me so we can all grow into half marathons together.
  • DLove9321
    DLove9321 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for running Friends!
    I am working on staying fit, and losing weight. most of that through Running.
    So far it's going great. I ran 65 miles last month, and am getting into the habit of running almost every day. I have run half marathons in the past, but I was never focused on my training. Now I am running more than I was when I was training for my half's. So that has me thinking about running another one this summer.

When I Started running again, my normal runs were usually 5k's. Now I am running 6+ miles 2 or 3 times a week. People keep telling me that Running will not help me lose weight, but I'm not listening to them, because so far it's working. And it is the easiest and most enjoyable way for me to bang out cardio. So I am trying to keep at right around 20 miles a week (if not more Depending on my schedule. Ive got three young kids) and I will see how that goes.
  • Cpollard6608
    Cpollard6608 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I started running about a year or so ago as a means to lose weight. I started with the C25K program and have progressed rapidly. I am in the middle of a 40 day challenge to run at least one mile per day, which has proven to be difficult with squats and deadlifts. However, I would love to have some other friends on here who are also runners. As for the other comments here, do not hesitate to up your mileage per week and I know it says 10% per week, but when mileage is lower you can afford to jump the mileage 20-40% if you pace yourself.