Jump Rope

Options
I wish there was an option to have it measured by how many jumps instead of time taken to do it. I have a rope with a counter on it and its much easier for me to go off that, i cant jump for long at all maybe just a minute but there are gaps when the rope catches. Sorry just wanted to put it out there. If i knew how to do it myself i would, maybe someone who has the brains and the know how could set it up on here to be an option for us.

Replies

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Presuming that you get straight back into jumping rope as soon as the rope snags, your heart rate will still be up there, so the time taken is still valid for calorie count.

Hope that helps.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    just keep going. you get better at it and the rope catches less.

I used to be able to jump for like 30 minutes- stopped doing it and 5 became a struggle. I'm back up to 10-15 it's hard but the more you do it- the better you get.
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and it catches the jumps as steps. I found this out by accident when we were jumping rope at the gym and then I saw that my Fitbit steps number had counted everything as a step. Maybe a pedometer would work the same.
  • krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, i will keep at it as i really want to be able to build up time doing it.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I could only imagine jump roping for a half hour. I'm the HIIT type though. I Hate long slow steady cardio.