My first 'real' NSV!

Options
lissdawn
lissdawn Posts: 70 Member
I started walking about 2 weeks ago. I told myself I'd do 30 min 3x a week as a minimum, anything over was bonus. I started getting up at 5.15 AM MWF. Last week I pushed through. Saturday morning came, and I was up anyway and thought 'what the heck'...so went out. Sunday morning..same thing. I slowly realized I was actually starting to really enjoy my early morning walks, even though they've been challenging, some days I was already aching 10 minutes in but just pushed through. Most days I'm still wiping sleep from my eyes during the first five minutes. The only thing I actually 'enjoyed' was the morning wildlife I'd see--deer, raccoons, fox, rabbits, birds etc...(I'm fortunate enough to live in a country setting). It was the only thing that made me force myself through the breathlessness, aches, exhaustion and protests of my body over the last 2 weeks.

This morning I went for my what is becoming a daily routine walk...I got back to the end of my driveway and realized I didn't have to drag myself up my front stairs to the door in exhaustion. I actually felt motivated and good...my endurance has improved that quickly! So now tomorrow morning is going to be new challenge--40 minutes! :) I also bought a Fitbit One on Saturday and am SOOO addicted to it already!! Can't believe I'd EVER enjoy physical activity!

Replies

• mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Isn't it amazing how the motivation comes AFTER the walk? Sometimes I have to just force my shoes on and push myself out the door. But then once I start I love it.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work. :drinker:
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yay, congrats! It will keep getting more enjoyable, too. I admire your fortitude in waking up so darn early!
  • torontoguy1097
    Options
    This is how it is done. Congrats!
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Sometimes walking out the door is the hardest part ;)
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love being up early in the morning and watching the wildlife.
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is definitely a NSV. I love walking in the morning too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!