Went from a 39 minute 5k to 31:53!

Options
I know I should just say it was a 32 minute 5k, but I can't! Its like when something is on sale for $4.99 instead of $5! $4.99 sounds better and 31:53 ROCKS! I have done one 5k a month starting in October, each month my time has improved! I have my first 10k next month and am shooting for 66 minutes! In September I didn't think I would even be ready to run a 5k until December, I feel great!

Replies

• grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats! Good luck next month!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!! WTG!!
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great job! I totally agree with you. If was 31:53, call it what it is! That is under 32 mintes. Good for you!
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    Well done!
    I did my first 5K 2 days ago and was at 39mins 47 secs!
  • WhyNot2010
    Options
    Great Job!!!! thats such and acomplishment... all teh best to you! :)
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I take my bibs from each of my 5ks and hang them on my mirror of my closet. I write the date on time on them. You should try it! I find it motivational. I will be honest, I don't wear my shirts either, I hang them in a special place and just look at them. Those are my trophies.
  • want2BthinRN
    Options
    Great Job!!! You are an inspiration....I just finished the first week of the C25K program!! Good luck on lowering your time next run!!
  • iwantmyskinnyjeans
    Options
    Great job!
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    I keep the race numbers! I also get the certificates which Bupa sends out and stick them on my wall for motivation :)
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!!!!
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I take my bibs from each of my 5ks and hang them on my mirror of my closet. I write the date on time on them. You should try it! I find it motivational. I will be honest, I don't wear my shirts either, I hang them in a special place and just look at them. Those are my trophies.

That's a great idea! Congratulations too! The two I did last year (my firsts) were 40 and 39, so I'm hoping to get faster this year now that I've found running :) (Well, found that I actually like it, which I never knew!) I'm trying this thing called the Warrior Dash at the end of August. I hope that it will help push me to do the strength training I will need to climb over and through all that stuff, and not just concentrate on running like I did last year.

Pam
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I know I should just say it was a 32 minute 5k, but I can't! Its like when something is on sale for $4.99 instead of $5! $4.99 sounds better and 31:53 ROCKS! I have done one 5k a month starting in October, each month my time has improved! I have my first 10k next month and am shooting for 66 minutes! In September I didn't think I would even be ready to run a 5k until December, I feel great!

So you should feel great too! WTG!

Your times have improved dramatically and they will continue to do so too. Very best with your 10k, you have come on leaps and bounds!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I was thinking about doing that. I even wrote every thing down on one of the bibs but I lost it. I really need to be better about that.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good job WTG!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!