Have over 50lb to lose and need motivation

Options

Replies

• stacyosoyoos
    stacyosoyoos Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I decided it was a commitment for life (lifestyle change) not a diet & am living accordingly. Some days will be better than others. Some days you'll go over, some days you wont.

One key that an MFP'r shared with me? This is something you do, not a definition of who you are. Try and keep the emotion out of it. At the end of the day, long term calorie reduction is a math equation.

Never be scared to fail. If Edison had been scared to fail, he wouldn't have invented the light bulb. Don't make it a self fulfilling prophecy or youre setting yourself up ahead of time

What we are on a daily basis is a sum total of the choices we have made (good/bad). Try to make good choices on a regular basis & don't take yourself to the rack when you make a poor one. Get up off the floor, try again next day, repeat as necessary.

Feel free to add if youd like

You are awesome & motivating! I so needed to hear this tonight after treating myself to a few adult bevys!!!
    Thank you!
  • bkk40in2011
    Options
    [quote
    I am new to this, I have over 50lb to lose and need motivating, I really want to do this but am scared I'll fail again

you will fail.... and fail many times!!!! the struggle is getting back up after every fall. it may take a few tries, it may take 50 but you gotta keep going. ONE DAY at a time.

If I never started because I was SCARED- I would still be 358 lbs. its been 5 years and im still not at goal and It should have never taken this long but I keep failing and starting over.... hoping one of these it will STICK for good.
    [/quote]

Didn't see how long this thread was but wanted to say this is right on! I am really realizing I need to accept this fact that I will fail but I am not striving for perfection but consistency in spite of imperfection. Thanks for the reminder.
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    While it is cliche to say, you can do it. :) You just need to take it slow. Remember that you did not gain the weight overnight, so you won't be able to lose it overnight. Slow and steady is best. You can do it! :-D
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I decided it was a commitment for life (lifestyle change) not a diet & am living accordingly. Some days will be better than others. Some days you'll go over, some days you wont.

One key that an MFP'r shared with me? This is something you do, not a definition of who you are. Try and keep the emotion out of it. At the end of the day, long term calorie reduction is a math equation.

Never be scared to fail. If Edison had been scared to fail, he wouldn't have invented the light bulb. Don't make it a self fulfilling prophecy or youre setting yourself up ahead of time

What we are on a daily basis is a sum total of the choices we have made (good/bad). Try to make good choices on a regular basis & don't take yourself to the rack when you make a poor one. Get up off the floor, try again next day, repeat as necessary.

THIS
  • YollaDCgirl
    YollaDCgirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey, you can add me if you want
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Will send a friend request to you. I have practically 50 pounds to lose and feel that somedays will be good and others not so much, and as long as long as the good outweigh the bad I'm doing good.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    While it is cliche to say, you can do it. :) You just need to take it slow. Remember that you did not gain the weight overnight, so you won't be able to lose it overnight. Slow and steady is best. You can do it! :-D

My dad always says the reasons clcihes stick around is because they are truisms. :)

That's why he's my dad.

Steady goes the path. One day at a time.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options

You are awesome & motivating! I so needed to hear this tonight after treating myself to a few adult bevys!!!
    Thank you!

NP. I went to town on Heinekin Light Saturday night because it was a great idea at the time :) I just planned ahead a little and burned 850 that day. Tasted great, had a great time.

I had a friend once use the phrase "there is freedom in release", which I love. Release the things in your life that hinder your ability to fully realize who you are, and the path ahead suddenly has many less obstacles. You dig ? :)
  • Badger618
    Badger618 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time & accept that failure will happen , use it as motivation to get back on track. This is a life journey and you will feel better in the end. Feel free to add me as a friend. Best of luck to you.
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    I had about 55lbs to lose, and I'm almost half way there. It can be done, but patience is key! Feel free to add me - friends on here have been a great motivator for me!
  • elmosfire12
    Options
    Just go for it! If you stumble, just get right back to eating healthy. This program really helps
    to identify the "bad" foods in your diet. Sometimes a few little changes is all you need to make!
  • NonDebutante
    NonDebutante Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are here and reaching out for support...awesome. It's a journey for sure, and little changes add up. You can add me as a friend. :-)
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am new to this, I have over 50lb to lose and need motivating, I really want to do this but am scared I'll fail again

If I can lose weight, anyone can lose weight.

Faithfully record everything you eat and drink, stay within your macros, and slowly add some exercise into your normal routine. You will succeed.
  • sarahbellum09
    sarahbellum09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/yoovie/view/because-im-not-invisible-damnit-666120

Please READ THIS^^^
    YOU NEED IT!!!!

I also need to lose over 50 lbs. I am starting to realize that what works for other people won't always work for me. You have to find your own way to do this. The most important thing that I have just realized is that Motivation is a 10 letter word for BS Excuses!!! You don't have to be motivated to lose weight, you just have to make it a priority. You don't have to be motivated before you go to work, right? You just get up and go, even when you don't feel like it. You have to, to pay your bills, keep food on the table, and enjoy the things you like to do. Find the reasons why you HAVE to lose weight. Stop trying to find this magical "motivation" you think you need. We are all here to help!! You can do this!
  • kswing0211
    Options
    Just one day at a time... And failure is not the end all... Get back up and try again!!! You CAN and WILL do this.... and right with you starting again :-)
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I lost 130 lbs, but after getting remarried and having 2 more babies (4 total) I am getting back on track. I've got 90 lbs to lose to get back to where I was when I got remarried (160). I told myself I would never get this big again (250), but here I am. I lost it once and I'll do it again. Persistence, no matter what happens.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    The only real failure here is giving up on yourself and walking away from helping yourself. I am in the process fo losing 85 lbs and I have stumbled many times but that is not failing.

Anyone can feel free to add me as long as they are willing to try, be active and support each other
  • Hershbergervl
    Options
    It is scary at the beginning. I know EXACTLY how you feel. But today is all we have and all you have to think about. This day. This moment. This meal. It's all about making choices. Believe me, I'd rather choose the cupcake over the lean chicken. But if you don't make the right choice for this meal, you'll stay the same for the rest of your life. Is this what you want? Make the healthy choice, every time, and little by little, you will see the results.

DON'T GIVE UP!

Gaining the weight didn't happen overnight and losing the weight isn't going to come right away, either. But it WILL HAPPEN if you make the right choice every time. You have to talk to your inner demon, if you will. That ugly voice that keeps telling you to eat the wrong things. We all know what the right foods are...now we just have to eat them.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Take that little inner voice in you that's lying to you about failing and tell it to shut up!! You can't fail if you try.

All you have to do is try and you're already successful. Switch out one snack. Change up one meal. Walk around just one block. Take the stairs just one time. If you do just one thing each day, you're successful!!

That one soon becomes two, two becomes three and before you know it, you're changing your life and are very successful.

Failure can not happen, if you're trying.
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add if they like, I love helping others :D