Have over 50lb to lose and need motivation

Options

Replies

• JaneLovesHappy
    JaneLovesHappy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have about 53 lbs to lose to my goal weight. I totally understand your fears but just keep moving forward. I gained over winter but I've been back on track. I still have bad days or rough weeks, but I keep going. I have to keep pushing forward or I'll never get to my goal. You can do this!
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Set small goals and keep going even when you don't want to and don't see changes. Remember, it takes four weeks for you to see, eight weeks for family and twelve weeks for the world. You can do it!
  • Jcox300
    Jcox300 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have over 50lbs to lose too! Im struggling every day. I keep gaining but I know why becuase Im overeating and NOT exercising. I know what I am doing wrong and i know what I need to do to change it. My problem is that I am to lazy. By the time I get off work I am to tired to go to the gym. Im to tired to get up early to go to the gym. I have my issues but I know what I need to do. I just have to some how force myself and ask myself if it is worth it or not. Is it worth it to stay at home on the couch to "relax" or is it worth it to go to the gym and work out.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I was the same when i first started last August. Being inspired by the threads in the Success sub forum really was encouraging and motivating.

Take it one day at a time and soak up everything you can on this forum.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Start today--keep going--eventually you'll get there. Good luck!
  • mi2mina
    mi2mina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wow u look great miss electro....btw ...i feel the MFP support is what we all need
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You can do it if you put your mind to it. This page has some excellent practical advice:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

It does need to be a lifestyle change, not a one-time diet. Making that mental shift is probably the hardest part.
  • hhomeyer
    hhomeyer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As a fellow beginner, I also have 50 lbs to loose. My motivation for you? One foot in front of the other. The weight wasnt put on overnight, so realistically we cannot expect to loose it overnight either. I began on May 19th and was struggling the first two weeks and actually GAINED. It was difficult at first to keep myself disciplined. I was cheating on my eating and my excercize and really feeling guilty. Trust me, this plan will work, but we need to use it the way it was meant to be used. I now log EVERYTHING! And take short 10 minute walks every few hours three times a day. Even the shortest work outs add up at the end of the day.

Good Luck to you and feel free to add me. :)
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    As you can see from this thread you're not alone. I'm in the same boat and know that MFP works. Get involved in a few groups. It helps when others hold you accountable, but at the end of they day you are doing this for yourself.

> Put yourself first - you're worth it.
    > Plan ahead for both food and exercise
    > If you BITE IT -- WRITE IT (log your meals before you eat them if you can)
    > Set small goals

I lost 80lbs here (got sick and unfortunately it took me longer than it should have to get back), but I'm ready to do it one last time. It was the most rewarding thing I ever accomplished. Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey 50 pounds might sound hard but do 5 at a time now that you can do right. I try not to look to long at the whole big picture, because it can be scary, but if you try to tackle a small amount at a time befor long you are down to just maintaing.

Just keep in mind that it isn't the trying that will make you fail it's the not trying. Any way I think you can do it iand f you fall get your #$@ back up dust it off and try again my friend, because your worth it!

Seriously I mean no harm I really do hope you feel encouraged and I'm sure that you can do it this time. Hope to make friends with you soon .

May God bless you.
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am new to this, I have over 50lb to lose and need motivating, I really want to do this but am scared I'll fail again

When I re-started back in January - my ultimate goal was to lose 65 pounds. Now I'm in my 6th month and I'm down 36 pounds! I look great and I feel fantastic.

You can do it too! Once you start seeing the changes, it will be addictive! I love trying new things at the gym and healthier eating has become easy!

Feel free to add me! I log in daily!

:flowerforyou:
  • Ffiffifab
    Ffiffifab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You honestly have nothing to be scared about. I have over 40lb to lose and when I see that I've gained weight, it makes me feel very disheartened but I'm not giving up. I will reach my goal weight and if I can do it, then you can too :), we're all in this together to help each other.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I am new to this, I have over 50lb to lose and need motivating, I really want to do this but am scared I'll fail again

You really do have to find the motivation from within. It is the best and most reliable kind. Love yourself enough, do it for you! Be patient and be kind to yourself and most of all don't give up and you will get there.

Good luck!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club. I started with 168 to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • Tonya_Michelle1984
    Tonya_Michelle1984 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I have my first goal set at 50 pounds! Please feel free to add me! I need some positive motivation myself!!
  • ayoung55
    ayoung55 Posts: 18
    Options
    You can do it!!

Just think about a month from now, or six months from now. If you do nothing, then six months from now you will weigh the same (or more). If you take it one day at a time and remain dedicated and focused, six months from now you may possibly be at your goal.

Either way, six months from now will be here before you know it. You make the choice!!!

But you CAN do it!
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of support here at MFP. As someone else has already mentioned, try not to focus on the big picture, because that can become overwhelming at times. Make mini-goals. There are so many people here who are knowledgeable and successful about fitness and nutrition, so you have the tools you need to get this done. :smile:
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started with over 60 to lose and now have 50 more to go. It's a long way but I am motivated and ready to do this.

You'll find the support and encouragement here on MFP unmatchable. I've learned so much on here and made some really good friends along the way. I am actually returning to the site (was on here and lost 35 pounds but had to quit while I focused on some medical issues).

Look for daily loggers to add to your support circle. You'll find a cheering section as well as tips for healthy eating and exercise.

Feel free to send me a request if you want.... that goes for anyone serious about a healthier journey! :flowerforyou:
  • Misslove36
    Misslove36 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm back

I am going to start this with baby steps.......

When I put myself on a 'diet' I put so much pressure on myself I stress myself out if I can't do it 100%, knowing this and knowing that I'm human I have to take baby steps and tell myself this isn't a diet.

I am working on my mental health more than my weight, just for now
  • Misslove36
    Misslove36 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    How do I add the Weightloss graph picture that you all have on your posts