Favourite low calorie treat?

Options
Throughout my weight loss journey I've found that instead of banning certain things from your diet completely or letting yourself eat them, it is always better to substitute them with something better so you are sticking to your calorie goal much easier. That way it's helped to make better food choices for the rest of my life instead of caving in.

My favourites are definitely Options hot chocolate (40 calories) or Skinny Cow ice cream (100 calories) because it tastes like you're eating something bad when you're actually not :)

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I don't really classify good or bad......but some lower cal options for me......

Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares. Individually wrapped.

Popcorn....I use microwave popper bowl with a teaspoon of butter flavored oil....the oil helps the salt stick

Frozen grapes are yummy and a little different

Fudgesicles are low cal and chocolately

Mickey D's soft serve ice cream cones are only 170 calories.....feels much more indulgent
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I love frozen fruit too! Frozen cherries are my favourite, they taste amazing.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I am in the mood for, whether I need to inject insulin for it, or if I need to bring my blood glucose up.

Currently, my favorite "carb-y" products are:
    -No sugar added vanilla ice cream (about 160 calories and 14g net carbs for 1 cup). I typically use this with a little bit of whipped cream to bring my blood glucose up to 110-150 for bedtime if I realize that I am below that range and will be dropping some more over the next few hours.
    -Lindt 85% dark chocolate squares (115 calories and 5g net carbs for 2 squares). I also use this to bring up my glucose, though typically when I only need to bring myself up by a little bit.
    -Walmart no sugar added chocoate chip cookies (110 calories and 11g net carbs for 1 cookie).
    -Glucerna chocolate caramel mini snack bar (80 calories and 11g net carbs). This is my go-to post-hypoglycemia treatment, especially for overnight lows. I found that it has the right proportion of carbs and fat too keep my blood glucose above 60 for about 8 hours.

My "non-carby" snacks include:
    -Atkins endulge chocolate candies (around 120-ish and 1g net carbs). There is no need for me to inject insulin for them, and they last forever when I let each one slowly melt in my mouth.
    -Black coffee. I found Cake Boss inspired k-cup coffee a few days ago, and the flavor I chose tastes just like dessert.
    -Mini babybell lite cheese (50 calories for 1 wheel). These are incredibly cute and so easy to throw into my lunch bag. If I want something a bit less diet-tasting, I like opting for Cracker Barrel 2% cheese slices (80 calories per 1oz slice).
    -Atkins Advantage cafe mocha/caramel shakes (160 calories,3g net carbs, and 15g protein for 1 shake). These are very easy to pour over ice or blend into a frappe-like drink. I like to compare it to a Starbucks 12oz lite caramel frappe, but without all the carbs and a yummy source of protein.
  • adstott
    adstott Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fudgesicles are my favorite!
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Cadburys Flake - 135 cals and proper chocolate.
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Nakd bars, Nakd infused raisins, popcorn, Quest bars :love:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow or WW ice cream treats for me, also. Or some of the new fat free frozen greek yogurt bars. I actually prefer the taste of these low fat treats to whole fat ice cream.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Pudding cups - 100 cals each
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Cadburys Flake - 135 cals and proper chocolate.

No way! I thought it would have been way more than that! This is good news for me haha.
  • anishasm
    anishasm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I spread natural peanut butter and banana slices with a couple of chocolate chips on a whole-wheat tortilla. Then I bake it for about 10 minutes until it's warm. Satisfies a sweet tooth and fills your appetite, all the while pretty healthy.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Magnum double caramel ice cream mini bars. 190 calories and so flipping delicious. Mmmmmmm. Real chocolate, caramel and ice cream. To die for!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I don't really classify good or bad......but some lower cal options for me......

Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares. Individually wrapped.

Popcorn....I use microwave popper bowl with a teaspoon of butter flavored oil....the oil helps the salt stick

Frozen grapes are yummy and a little different

Fudgesicles are low cal and chocolately

Mickey D's soft serve ice cream cones are only 170 calories.....feels much more indulgent

Thanks for the tips. I like fat-free yogurt - 40 calories; Skinny cow ice cream bars - 100 calories, no sugar jello - 5 calories, berries( Strawberries , blueberries, raspberry) less than 100 calories for half a cup. Whipped toppping to go with the fruit or no sugar jello - approx. 30 calories. If I have chocolate cravings, I reach for a Skinnychew or a Chimes Gingerchew in various flavors.
  • empireman85
    empireman85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Werther's sugar free Caramel Coffee
  • rockinrobyna
    rockinrobyna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mini Magnum caramel ice cream are my favorite too!! When they came out with the minis I was SO excited! I like the mini almond ones also :) They're just enough!
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, and canned tuna are some of my go to snacks...
  • Nightstar76
    Nightstar76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The small peppermint patties, and fat free greek yogurt. As well as frozen fruit with cool whip light.
  • Catryx
    Catryx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Frozen Blueberries!
  • DavidOlson22
    Options
    Sugar-free Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I probably don't save myself much in the way of calories, but they taste as good as the real thing to me. And they have a built in overindulgance avoider (GI pain)
  • missvie
    missvie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    2 cups mangos blended with
    1/4-1/2 cup milk of your choice, stevia and lemon juice

MANGO ICECREAM super awesome /dies

or any frozen fruit
  • liz77095
    liz77095 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hershey's Bliss chocolate! YummY