I only lost 1 pound in a month

Options
I been doing the 1280 calories for about 3-4 weeks now. I've been walking, at least 5 miles 3-4 times out of the week or using the elliptical for about 35 minutes. Mostly I've been walking. I weigh my food and measure and haven't been eating up my burned calories. So far I've only lost one pound. I am also fighting depression but the antidepressant I take doesn't cause weight gain. I think that I should be losing at least 3 pounds per week but that's not happening. What should I change? What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    give it more time, youre more than likely holding onto excess water from the new workout regime
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    How close are you to your goal? The less weight you have to lose, the slower it'll come off. How tall are you and what is your current weight, if you don't mind me asking? You say you're taking in 1280 and excersizing. Do you eat back those excersize calories? We need more info please.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Are you stressed out? Getting enough sleep? These factors can affect weight loss.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    drink a bunch of water daily. you'll be delightfully surprised.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I been doing the 1280 calories for about 3-4 weeks now. I've been walking, at least 5 miles 3-4 times out of the week or using the elliptical for about 35 minutes. Mostly I've been walking. I weigh my food and measure and haven't been eating up my burned calories. So far I've only lost one pound. I am also fighting depression but the antidepressant I take doesn't cause weight gain. I think that I should be losing at least 3 pounds per week but that's not happening. What should I change? What am I doing wrong?

Why are you eating so little? Where did you come up with the pounds/week thing? Intake seems low and expectations for weight loss too high.
  • dngantt
    dngantt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150 and I am 171.2. I have lost about 12 already. I'm 5'1. I was eating 1280 calories cause my setting was on lightly active. What kind of expectations should I have? I have lost 3 pounds a week in the past so this is why I am expecting a 3 lb/week weightloss.
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You have already lost 12lbs, congrats on that, now you are close to your goal weight you WILL lose slower... ask all the people on success stories tab, they will all say the same thing. Loss is better then gain but keep up the good work
  • JudyPirone
    Options
    Have you checked to see if you are retaining water? I went to my doctor because my blood pressure started to go up a bit (I'm in menopause) and discovered that I retain a fair amount of water. She put my on a half water pill that is taking care of both problems.
  • dngantt
    dngantt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You all have helped put things into perspective for me. I have changed my cal intake to 1500. Hopefully this will give me more energy to exercise better.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150 and I am 171.2. I have lost about 12 already. I'm 5'1. I was eating 1280 calories cause my setting was on lightly active. What kind of expectations should I have? I have lost 3 pounds a week in the past so this is why I am expecting a 3 lb/week weightloss.

Have a look at the info on this thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=Sexypants