Diet and studying tips needed!

Options
It seems to be whenever I am studying for exams I eat absolutely everything in sight and my only exercise is moving from my desk to the fridge!

Does anyone have any tips for quick easy healthy foods and snack foods and quick but intense exercises!

Time is my biggest issue as I work all day and i'm studying for my accountancy finals before and after work but don't want to put any weight on and would ideally like to lose weight as i'm due to go on holiday after finals!

Any tips would be really appreciated!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Does your gym have treadmills with book racks? Not the best work out but you can do both at once and are far from the fridge.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I used to (still do) drink a lot of tea when studying/working. The process of getting up and making it makes for nice breaks, and it fills you up. I use loose tea - takes more time/effort and tastes better, plus it feels like more of a treat.
  • Athena1007
    Athena1007 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you need to snack, snack on things like apples, veggies or oranges. They have high volume but low relative calories. Try to stay away from high calorie low volume stuff.
  • danicaone_101
    danicaone_101 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Maybe ask supportive family members or friends to quiz you on the material you need to know while you are walking on a treadmill or stationary bike? Or maybe combine studying and snacking into a game? For example, if you get five questions correct, reward yourself with a couple grapes. After studying a few pages, eat baby carrots or fruits as a reward? I like to study at the library because there is no fridge or distraction in sight. But of course, bring a variety of healthy snacks just in case you get hungry.
  • lauraablair1
    lauraablair1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry for delayed response, these are all brilliant ideas thanks, I'm really struggling at the moment balancing everything but hopefully if I start putting these into practice it will help! The gym doesn't have book racks but I do have online lectures so could potentially play them while I exercise!

Thanks
    Laura
  • Bashkim37
    Bashkim37 Posts: 1
    Options
    I snack on celery and use salsa dip. Its minimal calories. I dont have the unhealthy food in my home anymore.
  • melaniedsm
    melaniedsm Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm studying for Actuarial Exams and what I do is use a recorder to record formulas. Accounting has less formulas, but it is a good way to get the most out of workouts. Kind of like electronic flashcards. Otherwise, I just don't put food around me while I study. If it isn't there, you can't mindlessly eat it. If I am hungry I stop and put 100% concentration on eating. If you make that a rule, you all of the sudden are much less hungry. You should only study about an hour at a time anyway, so only eat during breaks.
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Set priorities. Not saying school is more important than your diet, but it has to be something you plan for as well. If you need to, map out times and plan meals. Hummus is a good snack. get some vegetables/ fruits to snack on. Eat high protein foods. Learn to recognize when you're actually hungry or just bored (this was big for me). Then it's just a matter of self control.