Hydroxycut - Does it work? Advice/Share your experience

Options
5'2", female, 144 lbs.

My question, does Hydroxy Cut work? Would it be safe for me to use? Anyone care to share their personal experience with it?

Replies

• lily_swenson
    lily_swenson Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    honestly it made me feel AWFUL.. spins aggravated light headed...
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    any weight loss from taking hydroxycut will be a result of the appetite suppression. it may also give you an energy boost due to the large caffeine content
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    No.

Save your money, drink some coffee, and learn to eat a sustainable way for your entire life.
  • HeatherScent37
    HeatherScent37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A coworker took a pack of that and mixed it into a bowl of water. After 20 minutes, the water had turned into some jelly-like substance. So I imagine that's what it does in your stomach - expands, makes you feel like you are full, even though you may still be in need of nourishment.
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. That stuff isn't good for you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    ANY pill, supplement, diet, workout, shake, etc. will work for weight loss...................................................IF THERE'S A CALORIE DEFICIT INVOLVED.

Thing is calorie deficit is FREE. Don't have to pay for it. You just eat less.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Any pills are not ideal for weight loss. You won't learn sustainable habits while taking them.
    I would also steer clear of any OTC pills that promise weight loss. They don't have to be FDA approved, and you never know what could be in it, or how your body will react to it.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    ANY pill, supplement, diet, workout, shake, etc. will work for weight loss...................................................IF THERE'S A CALORIE DEFICIT INVOLVED.

Thing is calorie deficit is FREE. Don't have to pay for it. You just eat less.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Your replies are my favorite.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    honestly it made me feel AWFUL.. spins aggravated light headed...

This and I had a ridiculously rapid heart beat when using them. I used them way back when I started and stopped using them because of paranoia about long term damage.

Honestly, as much as it's probably not the answer you want, there is no overnight fix or pill that'd going to make you lose weight and keep it off. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit and move more. You'll get the results you are looking for if you keep at it.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

This. Read up and be awesome.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    They messed me up pretty good. Once I decided to stop using them, my hunger returned with ferocity. Regained the loss rapidly.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My guess is that it will work if you follow the fine print on the commercials and use it along with a healthy diet and exercise.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It made me jittery and had a constant want to vomit...
  • nikkibee2100
    Options
    Ive used hydroxycut many times I usually just order it from walmart.com
    http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_query=hydroxycut&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Its a lot more affordable then in the stores or a lot of other products I have tried in the past, Obviously you have to change your diet and put in time at the gym but I loved the added energy it gave me during my workouts and It actually helped me loose 12-15 pounds in just a couple weeks. I would highly recommend
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Ive used hydroxycut many times I usually just order it from walmart.com
    http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_query=hydroxycut&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Its a lot more affordable then in the stores or a lot of other products I have tried in the past, Obviously you have to change your diet and put in time at the gym but I loved the added energy it gave me during my workouts and It actually helped me loose 12-15 pounds in just a couple weeks. I would highly recommend

12-15 pounds in a couple weeks is not healthy in my opinion.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut used to be a fantastic appetite suppressant when it contained ephedra. Once that was banned, it became a joke.

It does nothing.
  • Cspradling1973
    Options
    Oh I miss ephedra...........
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    A coworker took a pack of that and mixed it into a bowl of water. After 20 minutes, the water had turned into some jelly-like substance. So I imagine that's what it does in your stomach - expands, makes you feel like you are full, even though you may still be in need of nourishment.

And that just kept me from ever trying it. NASTY.