Weight gain after sinus surgery?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I know this is kind of a random question. I lost over 100 pounds and was doing so-so after that (kind of stuck but not gaining very much back). I had sinus surgery last July, and since then, I have been almost steadily gaining weight. I've gained 20+ pounds since then. Is there a correlation? The only thing I can think of is now I can taste food more after having chronic sinusitis for 3 or more years. Any thoughts or similar stories? How should I go about getting this under control? I definitely feel out of it...

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I know it's kind of a random question, but does anyone have any info? Thanks!
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Would it be worth speaking to your Doctor as it's been quite a while?

I mean, I've just had surgery and gained a little bit of weight but I know that's because they pumped my stomach full of gas and I can't currently walk so it's expected but it seems a long time for you.

x
  • sarahtorzillo1
    Options
    Did you ever get a response from this? I have been having the same issue since I had mine out May 5. I have gained 11 lbs, excercising 5 days a week and also consuming 1400 calories a day.
  • pterodactylish
    pterodactylish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've had two sinus surgeries and never noticed any weight gain. I did notice the ability to smell, but that didn't really change food for me. The only thing I can think of is I was weak for a few days after, perhaps you did less activity and ate the same amount and that stalled you?