Just want to say HI

Options
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site. My name is Elizabeth. I'm a wife and mother of two. Finding the time to work out is hard for me. It seems like everytime i motivate myself enough to go the the gym one of my kids gets sick and i can't go. If anyone has a good ideas for motivating urself to work out at home please let me know. Hope to talk to you soon.

Replies

• raidersgirl
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm new to this site. My name is Elizabeth. I'm a wife and mother of two. Finding the time to work out is hard for me. It seems like everytime i motivate myself enough to go the the gym one of my kids gets sick and i can't go. If anyone has a good ideas for motivating urself to work out at home please let me know. Hope to talk to you soon.
  • JoyceDoerr
    Options
    Hello Elizabeth and Welcome!

I would suggest putting on some upbeat music at home and dance! I dance a lot for exercise. You can involve the kids for some fun time (depending on age) or even dance while your cleaning the house.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Well I am kinda out in a suto no mans land myself, I can not TELL you where the nearest gym is.
    So I work out at home all of the time.
    I like the music and dance idea from Joyce that is a very good one.
    Walking outside in good weather is another. I have a weight machine and treadmill downstairs in our media room. So I get to watch things on TV when I am pumping out the miles on the TM. Biggest loser is a good one for me, I tried to watch American Gladiators last night but it was a tad to scripted for me. HOWEVER the things did look like fun. I think if they would pit real people together with other real people to do those things that it would be a better show. But that is me. I would LOVE to try some of those things myself without the body builder as the partner. But I digress.
    Back to BIGGEST LOSER! A few of us have started a MFP BIGGEST LOSER weekly check in. Tomorrow AM I will have the first one. It does not matter when you start it. you just put in your starting weight and the weight you where Wednesday.
    It is a little freindly competition.
    We also have a bunch of people that do holiday check ins. The most recent is the Valentines day weigh in. For me it helps to know that I have a weigh in coming and I need to have lost SOMETHING, I do not care if it is only a 1/2 pound :wink:
    If you find little things like that you will be well on your way! :happy:
    --Diann...
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hey raider girl

Even though I'm a Charger fan here's my advise. Have your kids help you with your exercise. My 3 year old daughter does palates, yoga, and what ever else we maybe doing. Going to the gym is out for us for the moment but thats no excuse there are so many ways to workout without leaving your home and spending a great deal of money. Good luck and welcome.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • raidersgirl
    Options
    I don't want to be pushy but would i be able to join ur weekly and holiday weigh ins? Please