Introduction and Story

Options
Greetings everyone,

New user here. I have used similar applications in the past, however decided to give this one a try. I figured I might as well introduce myself and share my story:

At the age of eighteen I was over three-hundred pounds. Nearly all of my life I have been over-weight, mainly due to a product of never learning proper eating habits from my parents. When I was 20 (and just entering my first year of university) i was peaking at over 346lbs. I ended up meeting a girl at this time (like any good story begins) and decided that it was time for me to take charge of my body and get it back in order. I began regulating my food intake, and exercising daily while supplementing my new lifestyle with Usana and other vitamin supplements.

Within 8 months I was down to 260 lbs, losing over 85 pounds. To put this in perspective, I had gone from a size 3XL t-shirt, to a US XL. Within another few months I was down to 240 lbs, the healthiest I have ever been in my life. (I had not been this weight since I was 15 or so)

I ended up dating the mentioned girl of my dreams due to my extreme change (which provided me with the confidence, and motivation needed to ask her out may I add), and eventually ended up becoming serious. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and it wouldn't have been possible without my dramatic changes. However this is where my story changes...

I'm now 22, and have been living with her for the past while now and am still the happiest I've ever been, however it seems that I have finally found my 'final boss' battle, so to speak. Since Christmas, my patterns have been slowly slipping. With the addition of me completing my program and now working full time (at a VERY sedimentary job), and all of the newly acquired stress of full time employment, my weight has become one of my last priorities.

Putting it in perspective, since Christmas 2012 I have gained 18 lbs. My doctor warned me that yo-yoing was bound to happen unless I was careful, and it seems that he was right.

Enough is enough! It's time to get my *kitten* back in gear and finish what I've started. As of today I am regulating myself back to my original diet. I will continue with my goals, and will finish what I've started. My original goal pledged 4 years ago was to reach a weight of 225 lbs (Overweight for someone 6'3, however compared to 350 this will be a feat by itself). This is my public pledge that I will reach this goal.

I hope to be an active member of this community, and hopefully be near or at my goal within the next half a year. I have quite the challenge, but I know its possible. The feeling that I had when I was able to walk into a clothes store and actually purchase clothes in my size nearly brought me to tears.

If anyone gets anything out of this (other than my introduction to the community) please know that its a hard journey and impossible to do alone, but its worth it. We may eventually lose track, but hey we're human right? All we can do is catch ourselves before its too late and finish the job!

Anyways I hope to be inspired, and help inspire this community for any of their future or current fitness goals and aspirations.

Steven

Replies

• chickadee1166
    chickadee1166 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You have done brilliantly so far and I wish you luck!:You will get plenty of support and encouragement on here! :smile:
  • Punkatheartsin
    Options
    Steven! You are awesome! I hope you are doing well and stay positive! I hope you have reached your goal!