Weekend Help!

sweenah9
sweenah9 Posts: 8
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
Hey everyone!

This is my first post...

So during the week I am very good & strict with my food/drink intake - I work a regular 40 hour week & make my breakfast & lunch the night before so I don't have to worry about buying food from our caf, etc... It's the weekends that are my biggest challenge. I'm 26 - I still enjoy going out & have some drinks... sometimes that leads to the late night eating. Also I have a (somewhat) long distance relationship with my boyfriend so between our two places, we tend to eat out alot which I know has plenty of healthy options but for some reason I always go towards the bad stuff.

Also so the girls - boys, close your eyes - when it's "that time", it completely takes over my life & it's like I need pizza & fries or I turn into a major b*tch.

How do you guys fight the weekend urges? I know I have what it takes to get to my goal weight - I just need alittle bit of help!

Replies

• Hey Sweenah,

I cannot advise because I am in exactly the same boat as you. Did really well during the week last week and then the weekend came with a bottle of wine, a Chinese takeaway, meal in a restaurant and a big roast dinner (all on seperate days obviously!!!

Look forward to some responses to help me too!!
  • I was over on calories all weekend - but only by a little bit.

My advice: 1. use the extra hours on the weekend to go for a run or do a workout video or something to burn those extra calories.
    2. Don't overstress about it. These are supposed to be lifestyle changes - otherwise the weight will come right back when you stop "dieting". If you know you are going to be "bad" over the weekend, plan for it and be extra good before.
    3. Celebrate the little victories. If you know when you meet up with your man that you are gonna eat the less than perfect choices, try to go mid-range. Don't go for the uber fatty deep fried plate of lard, but if you can't stomach ANOTHER salad, go for a leaner meat like chicken or order a steak and a to go box and start your meal by putting half in the box.
  • Weekends are the worst for me too!!! I am home all day and even if I am cleaning or keeping busy I find myself wanting to snack. It's the envionment for me...just bad habits I have to work on breaking, I guess.
  • It'd also be helpfull if I were alittle more active on the weekends! It's tough in the winters - I absolutely hate cold & snow so the thought of having to go outside makes me suuuuuuper unmotivated!

Although I do have & tried "Be A Knockout With Kendra" - wicked cheesy but actually pretty fun & they change it up enough that I'm not getting bored.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    I also struggle with weekends, but one thing that tends to mess me up more than any other is eating out. I say, avoid eating out on weekends and you'll do much better. Also, I struggle with making workouts a priority. My best bet, is to get up and work out right away in the morning before too many things distract me.

Hope someone can learn from my mistakes!:-)

Shannon
This discussion has been closed.