Back Again - need encouragement!

Options
I have been here before and lost 17 pounds then quit. Now I have gained it all back and then some. This time I really need to stay with it. Having too many health issues. I am a 51 year old grandma who needs an encouraging word now and then.

Replies

• kelly_554
    Options
    You Can Do It Brucey!!

New Year!! New Beginings.. Keep Positive
  • safetyscott
    safetyscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Go for it !

Just remember why you are doing it ....use it for inspiration.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Try to focus on your loving husband and your grandkids and the fact that you want to be able to be a part of their life for a long time as your inspiration. You have to take care of YOURself FIRST and that isn't always easy to do, but you have to make it a priority NOW. Take it one meal at a time, one day at a time and start making small changes that you can make into your new lifestyle....not a diet. You know you can do this and MFP folks are certainly here to support your efforts and provide encouragement!
  • kellyhodge
    Options
    I can understand your frustration... I am 42 years old and I have so many health issues. Like you, I struggle with my weight and have for all of my adult life. This is not an excuse, but I guess it is, we grew up in a time when you were taught to "clean your plate, others would be happy to have that"........Well, I have decided that I don't have to clean my plate, that I need to listen to my body and when it says that it is full....quit. I need to make healthy food choices, and I can DO this for ME! In a world with issues that we can not control, this is something that we can control........what we put in our mouths is in our control. Syaing all that to say this....One day at a time, you can do this for YOU!! Hang in there and the best of luck!! We are all here for you!
  • Diane927
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encourage words. I really appreciate it and need it. I have to think of it as one day at a time and being in control. Food doesn't care how you feel, how you look, what your health issues are. But I care and so do many other people. Let's keep in touch. Keep up the good work everyone! Together we can do this.