How do you prepare for your week?

Options
I just finished making an entire weeks worth of breakfasts for myself AND my family! I did two muffin tins of these egg/sausage/salsa/cheese things I do. Everyone loves them & they are so amazingly quick to just toss in the microwave (I freeze them) heat em up and eat. It sure makes me feel good when I do this. I feel like I am one step ahead of the game anytime I'm able to prepare for the week ahead.

What do YOU do to prepare for your week? Maybe I can steal some good ideas from you!

Replies

• marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    How do you make the these breakfast
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I also make big batches of things: vat of chili, vat of stew, large roast... there's only two of us so it's easy. haha

Anyway, I'll also make dinner a little larger so I can have left overs to put in the freezer to snag for lunch. I think one of the things that helps me is going to the store on Sunday and having the stuff I want to bring along ready for me to quickly grab in the morning.

Oh, and for dinners, I'm better off doing some planning on what meals for what days. Then I or the bf can grab the meat out of the freezer to thaw while we're at work and just get started when we get home (which is helped by having the veggies already in the fridge and not having to go to the store).
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    How do you make the these breakfast

Oh they are super simple and yummy!

You will need the following:

Muffin tin
    Roll of bfast sausage, I use Jimmy Dean
    Small carton of egg beaters
    one string cheese - cut into 12 pieces
    salsa

Take the sausage & put an over-sized tablespoon amount in the bottom of each muffin tin. I flatten it down & then cook just that in a preheated 350 oven for 8-10 mins. You then take them out of the oven (I pat away some of the fat with a paper towel) and put one tablespoon salsa on each sausage patty (they are still in the muffin tins), fill tin with the egg beaters & top with a piece of string cheese. Cook until fully set - about 12 minutes in my oven.

I then put them in a freezer container & freeze them. It takes about 1-2 minutes to heat up in the microwave. Great breakfast on the go! Try them - they really are good!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I also make big batches of things: vat of chili, vat of stew, large roast... there's only two of us so it's easy. haha

Anyway, I'll also make dinner a little larger so I can have left overs to put in the freezer to snag for lunch. I think one of the things that helps me is going to the store on Sunday and having the stuff I want to bring along ready for me to quickly grab in the morning.

Oh, and for dinners, I'm better off doing some planning on what meals for what days. Then I or the bf can grab the meat out of the freezer to thaw while we're at work and just get started when we get home (which is helped by having the veggies already in the fridge and not having to go to the store).
    Good for you!! I do try to make my dinners go further than one meal. I need to think more about making stew or chili - that's a very good idea!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I do the same for dinners but my breakfast and lunch is usually make as you go type things.

I premake protein shakes also. Firstly, so I can freeze them and turn to slushy and secondly because then I will definitely workout (even though unless injured I don't really miss workouts)

Last night I prepped up dinner for the next 3 days :)
  • minervasp73
    Options
    Couple of things:

- make sure there's fruit around, apples in a bowl, whatever.

- lentil chili, use 1 cup of lentils = 3c of water, diced celery, onion, carrots, cook with chili powder, garlic, cilantro (coriander), add in 2 sm cans of stewed tomatoes and a can of black beans.

- cook up 1-2lbs. of ground turkey or chicken w an onion + lots of seasoning

You can freeze the chili for lunches, or use it over ww pasta or brown rice.

You can measure out 2oz. of the meat, use 1/2 c (dry) pasta, cook it up, throw together w 1/2 c of marinara sauce or whatnot.