still squishy even with strength training

Options
I've been lifting for about 3 months amd I've noticed my fat on my belly start tl get a lot more squishy and less hard fat, not sure if that makes sense lol. Anyways I though strength training is supposed to make one firm. Any thoughts?

Replies

• tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    "Abs are made in the gym and revealed in the kitchen."

Do you have any weight you're needing to lose? Because you may have beautiful, chiseled abs that are just currently in hiding.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Have you lost any weight or inches while lifting the last three months? Have you taken photos so see changes better? What kind of lifting routine are you doing? What's your diet like?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    3 months is nothing...try 3 years...
  • christinelast
    Options
    I've lost 2 pounds and only half an inch :( I just have 4 more pound to reach my goal and its all belly. Is about a good 3 inches of grabbing fat. I've been doing squats deadlifts and ohp 2-3 times a week
  • christinelast
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and currently weigh 115 and started off at a weight of 145 last august
  • sparky00721
    sparky00721 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the same. I believe it may be attributable to loss of visceral (hard) fat as opposed to subcutaneous fat. Visceral fat is far more of a medical concern than subcutaneous fat, and seems to come off quicker than subcutaneous fat, giving the relative impression that one has gone from hard to "squishy" fat in the belly. If that is right, no need to be concerned, and every reason to celebrate the reduction in the visceral fat.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for about 3 months amd I've noticed my fat on my belly start tl get a lot more squishy and less hard fat, not sure if that makes sense lol. Anyways I though strength training is supposed to make one firm. Any thoughts?

My thought is that you have only been at it for months. You might be able to lose fat in a few months but you aren't going to be putting on muscle in months....it takes years.

This is why it is so important to not lose muscle when you try to lose weight, because it is so hard to get it back.
  • christinelast
    Options
    I'm not trying to gain muscles.ni just want to be lean and have a flat belly
  • fit_rox
    fit_rox Posts: 83
    Options
    I've noticed that if I do too much cardio at a low intensity my body does not become as defined as if I stick with a HIIT cardio plan. May be try doing more high intensity cardio 3-4x a week in conjunction with a structured diet and workout regime.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    What is your diet like?
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it will takes longer than three months. Just keep it pushing and be patient.
  • albayin
    Options

it doesn't matter, same approach. I am serious~
  • albayin
    Options
    I've noticed that if I do too much cardio at a low intensity my body does not become as defined as if I stick with a HIIT cardio plan. May be try doing more high intensity cardio 3-4x a week in conjunction with a structured diet and workout regime.

wow those abs...my dream goal
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

You are going to need to gain muscle to appear lean and have a flat belly.