Over 40 and 80 lbs to lose.

Options
I am over 40 with 80 lbs to lose.......... any one else in my shoes? Looking for friends to travel with along this weight loss journey. :smile:

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place! :smile:
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You're not a collection of numbers, my dear. I didn't start losing until after I had both of my children. I'm 41 now, and I'm near the end of my weight loss journey -- it's gotten harder, but you just have to get tougher to compensate.

I personally LOVE being in my 40s. Less fretting over what others think, more freedom to follow my own dreams.

Just go for it!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelly... this is a great site. You will love it here. People are so supportive. I'm 59, and in a race to get healthy before my 50th birthday. Let's be friends and encourage each other along the way.
  • wowzer
    wowzer Posts: 18
    Options
    Question: How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

I am over forty, need to lose over 100 pounds but my journey is not about those numbers as much as I feel like an 80 year old. I can't walk stairs, I can's walk around the park with my kids, I can't sleep well or enjoy myself at a party without comparing myself to others.

I have decided to live today, asking if I feel better than yesterday and doing the things that will allow me to feel younger tomorrow.

Welcome, let's travel this road to recovering the feeling of youth while being comfortable in my body and age.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    welcome!This is an awesome site to find friendship,support,and encourgement.
    We`re in the same boat .If you have 10 lbs or more.You can do it.One day at a time.
    It`s a better journey with help of friends.
    Have a good one!!
    jane
  • skyforme
    Options
    One week into this. 46 years old with a goal weight loss of 98 lbs. to put me under 200 first time in 20 years.
  • tiggerlilly1001
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome, It does not matter how much you need to lose. If you were not here it means do not need help with weight lose. It means you are not alone we can do it with help.