Hello

bethany120
bethany120 Posts: 3
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone!
I am new to the board. I was introduced to this board by our leader for a new program at my church called, iFit. Here is my introduction: I have been married for almost 17 years, and I have two daughters, ages 16 and 14, and one son, age 9. I am currently working on my Master's of Education, and I am a substitute teacher and tutor. I hope to obtain a full-time teaching job by the next school year. I have had weight and health issues for several years. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia almost 4 years ago. Unfortunately, I now need to lose 128 lbs. I need to do this for health reasons, for me, and my family. I also know that losing the weight will help me deal with the pain from Fibromyalgia. I am ready to get healthy and I am going to need all the support I can get! I look forward to meeting everyone.

Bethany

Replies

• AKHerring
    AKHerring Posts: 22 Member
    Welcome Bethany!! I am happy to hear that you are here. =] Keep focused and you will be able to do anything!
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Hi!
    Welcome and good luck!!

~Misty
  • Hi Bethany,

Welcome, and best of luck to you!! It sounds like you are changing your lifestyle and doing so many things to feel better - that is fantastic!! I have a sister and a cousin with Fibromyalgia and know how debilitating it can be, so good luck. I too gained weight and have health and injury issues, so have joined MFP, which is a great site. I also know how stressful going for a Masters degree can be, plus you have kids and work - WOW!! You can do this, as one of my friend on MFP says, slow and steady wins the race. Best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend for encouragement and support :)

Warmly,
    missjeannemarie
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Welcome! You can do this! I am 48 and have had fibromyalgia since I was 24 and I can tell you that the more you exercise the better you will feel. I know that sounds like an oxymoron but it's true. It's hard to exercise when you hurt but trust my if you can push through that in the beginning, you will see that you actually hurt more when you don't exercise. Our bodies are designed to move and once we stop moving, that's when pain and stiffness set in. Again....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    One more thing...if you like to swim, the pool is a great place to start. Very gentle on pain.
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Welcome, so happy you are here!! :)
  • It's hard when you are working through physical pain. Good luck to all of you!!
  • Hi Bethany. Finally getting started, will get my intro done a little later.
This discussion has been closed.