PLEASE HELP!!! I need an app for ANDROID that lets you...

Options
take pictures of your plate and it will be sent to someone to review it and estimate how many calories are on your plate!
I am ready to pay for it!
It can also be for PC but I prefer Android.

There is an MealSnap app for iOS BUT IT IS ONLY FOR iOS.

Please help me I really need an app like this or a site that let's you do this because I can not count calories because I am not the one who cooks at home and at work.

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You can estimate yourself, based on the ingredients.
    You can't "pay" someone forever to do that job for you, if an app like that even exists.
    You can count calories, and if you can't, you can learn how to estimate.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    or ask the person who cooks to tell you how much they use... or just guestimate... or start cooking for yourself...
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Or post the pics here and get ****ty inaccurate estimates
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    its not really worth your money even if there is one, itd be way off because without knowing the exact ingredients and proportions of ingredients there is no way to accurately estimate the calorie count.

take a simple bowl of cereal for example. just the difference between using skim milk and 2% milk alone would equal a 50 cal difference (with just one cup). those little differences would add up fast

i wish there was an accurate one though, that would make calorie counting extremely easy
  • BigT555
    Options
    yes there is an app called mealsnap but its iOS only :(

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meal-snap-calorie-counting/id425203142?mt=8
    the link to the app

http://techcrunch.com/2011/04/05/too-lazy-to-count-calories-now-you-can-just-take-a-picture-of-your-meal/
    a review of the app

i need a similar app for pc or android
    look at the variations in the review of the app
    150-614 cals for a handful of cashews. how do you expect to count calories with numbers like that
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    well i could pick the calories in the middle or the highest estimation and i do not eat cashews

That was an example, and you're missing the point.

You are not going to be getting accurate logs that way. It's going to be a waste of your money for the app.
    If you claim to not be able to count calories while actually being in front of the food, what makes you think an app can do it more accurately?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    yes there is an app called mealsnap but its iOS only :(

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meal-snap-calorie-counting/id425203142?mt=8
    the link to the app

http://techcrunch.com/2011/04/05/too-lazy-to-count-calories-now-you-can-just-take-a-picture-of-your-meal/
    a review of the app

i need a similar app for pc or android
    look at the variations in the review of the app
    150-614 cals for a handful of cashews. how do you expect to count calories with numbers like that

Yep. A lot of the reviews say it doesn't come close to accurate unless you input a lengthy description. Why not just write the description into MFP, then? I suppose for motivation and fun maybe
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    take pictures of your plate and it will be sent to someone to review it and estimate how many calories are on your plate!
    I am ready to pay for it!
    It can also be for PC but I prefer Android.

There is an MealSnap app for iOS BUT IT IS ONLY FOR iOS.

Please help me I really need an app like this or a site that let's you do this because I can not count calories because I am not the one who cooks at home and at work.
    Err how can someone work out the calories from a picture? You need weights and measurements to calculate calories. Just but a set of kitchen scales weigh your food and enter it into MFP. Simples As k whoever cooks your food to let you do it. Help with the cooking learn to cook then you have control
  • BigT555
    Options
    have you heard of this product? http://tellspec.com/

when is it coming out or is it already

also it doesnt have to be that accurate
    again dont bother. it claims to use mass spectrometry, and a proper mass spectrometer costs over $100,000
  • GammaKathy
    GammaKathy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I understand using an app as assist OCCASIONALLY. But, the biggest reason we are all here is because we are learning how to take responsibility for ourselves. We are learning that a guesstimate is part of our basic problem in the first place. The very hardest part of this journey, in my opinion, is to realize that I am important enough to pay attention to ALL the details and execute what is in my best interest.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Listen mate. If you're not at least somewhat accurate in your calorie counting there's no damn point. Nothing is perfect. But if it can't narrow a handful of nuts down between 100-700 calories as stated above it's useless. Let me say this again, the app you are asking for is USELESS.

Take a minute, log your foods. It's not that hard. In the time you've spent in this thread you could have logged a whole days worth of meals.

Even if you didn't cook it yourself, you can still get accurate estimates based on what you ate.

So stop trying to make your phone do all the work, log your food.

All of this. Take responsibility for yourself and quit being lazy,
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Take responsibility for yourself and quit being lazy,

/thread
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Send me a PayPal payment and I'll let you text pics to me and I will "estimate" them for you.

Seriously, just use the app here and do it yoursekf. It only works if it is accurate and that is the only way to be accurate.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Really can't add a whole lot to what is here without continuing to put you down which I would rather not do. Bottom line is, if you are serious about eating right, you must take responsibility and do YOUR part. (for example, read the above statements)