fell off the wagon....

Options
eyley
eyley Posts: 95 Member
My name's Nick....and I'm a fatty.

Alright all, I used to be on here but I got lazy and stopped losing weight, long story short I'm now back with a vengeance. Got friends supporting me, and new opportunities on the horizon so I'm really geared up for losing some timber.

That's me anyway,

Cheers.

Replies

• sherryhall5076
    sherryhall5076 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I too fell off the wagon awhile back and have been back for 3 weeks now. Since being back I've lost approximately 13 lbs.
  • stv1520
    stv1520 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    preachin to the choir.....lost 32 lbs last winter/spring. Then my buddy got a boat. Spent almost every day off on it, with LOTS of beer. Add a crappy long winter, and I gained all the weight back. So now I'm back too! Good luck and add me if ya want!
  • Nascarchic48
    Options
    I too keep going back and forth. i do good a few weeks then stop wanting to do anything. I had lost 10 lbs then gained a few back now i want those 10 gone plus about 40 more. I had planned on loosing lbs by Aug, and this was when i joined MFP in march, so far its not working.
    I always logged in everyday, but my food intake would be slack on days, and started good with working out, got some great Biggest Looser DVD's, Did them for about 3 weeks, then stopped. i do still try and walk in my neighborhood, but i just need t kick it in gear!!!

So anyone feel free to add me and lets work on this, again, together:)
    Gwen
  • eyley
    Options
    Added you both cheers :)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ha! I've fell off the wagon, been ran over by the wagon, yet still managed to pick myself up and get back on the wagon. I got really sloppy with my diet and working out during the winter and just started eating whatever I wanted again and totally stopped exercising. Yeah bad idea! At the beginning of May I had gained 22 pounds of the weight back that I had lost. Been back at it (diet anyway) for over 3 weeks now and am down 10 pounds. Still needing to get back into the exercise although with it being summer, I am much more active with the yard work, garden work, pool, etc.
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Glad you got back in the wagon :)
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    That darn wagon - it's so hard to hold on to without falling off! Welcome back, everyday is a new beginning - we've all been there. We'll get to were we want to be eventually! Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • I fell off the wagon 3 years ago...and now I'm 100lbs heavier.....so you aren't alone.

welcome back, I hope I don't fall again.
  • Cycle4Life99
    Options
    It happens to most but you'll only succeed if you stop blaming yourself. One of the hardest things to do is get back on the wagon and you've gotten this far so it's time to again be a success. You can do it!
  • emmiller33
    emmiller33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fell off for 1 year due to depression from my coworker dying unexpectedly (I'm the one who found him since he didn't show up for work)
    Anywhoo feel anyone to add me! I'll be finishing updating my profile later tonight.
  • eyley
    Options
    Thanks all and good to meet you all too - Feel free to add me etc.

I will do my best to motivate all my new friends be that through encouragement, challenges, internet shouting or good old fashioned banter.

:)
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It happens. At least you're back and trying again.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm going to recommend that you lower the wagon so that it is much less likely that you will fall off. Many people fail because they make an unsustainable plan, try for an impossibly high deficit or set up an draconian workout program. Small, sustainable changes are much more likely to take hold and become habits.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Ha! I've fell off the wagon, been ran over by the wagon, yet still managed to pick myself up and get back on the wagon. I got really sloppy with my diet and working out during the winter and just started eating whatever I wanted again and totally stopped exercising. Yeah bad idea! At the beginning of May I had gained 22 pounds of the weight back that I had lost. Been back at it (diet anyway) for over 3 weeks now and am down 10 pounds. Still needing to get back into the exercise although with it being summer, I am much more active with the yard work, garden work, pool, etc.

I am in the same boat/wagon. lol. I stopped going to the gym, for what reason? Who the hell knows!!! Just didnt' want to get up and go. I stopped eating correctly as well and have gained back 28 lbs!!! I went into the gym yesterday and signed back up on a month to month and started this morning!! I did not work this hard to gain it back a little at a time. I am in this with you. We can do it!!!!
  • acec00p
    acec00p Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Looks like they to put seat belts in the wagon, looking back I last posted in April, before that I was going good then I could add all the excuses possible but bottom line I got lazy and less disciplined in coming here and logging my food to keep me accountable.. Add my name to the wall of shame
    Herb