Amateur needs helllllp

Options
I have done a lot of research, I'm obese and have been trying to lose weight but I am having trouble keeping motivation. Unfortunately, I can't get rid of what is lowering my motivation so I was wondering if anyone has any tips for easy workouts that I could do to get myself ready gradually. I don't think it will take me long to get ready for harder workouts but my body and mind are drained so I have to start slow.

I do watch youtube and search for different ideas but I've been feeling a bit disconnected and wanted some actual ideas / information from people who are responding to me.

I am a very sensitive person, there are different reasons why I am as heavy as I am. Part of it is because I was mentally abused when I was younger and I have trouble keeping myself from blaming other people instead of just focusing on myself - which is how I resort back to old eating habits, even worse ones sometimes. So maybe if someone has any ideas on how to prepare myself to not resort back to old eating habits that would be great too.

Replies

• EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    well if you feel disconnected from youtube and want connection- join a group fitness club or a group class.
    Instead of blaming other people-get competitive.

also, best of luck.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    As for the eating habits, get rid of all junk food or binge foods in your home. Stock your fridge and pantry with healthy, wholesome foods. Invest in a crockpot for one pot weekly meal cooking, an air popper for popcorn which is crazy low cal and filling (and is great for killing those snack attacks), and tupperware to portion out meals.

On Sunday dump 5 pounds of chicken breast (or pork chops or lean ground beef) into a crockpot with 2 sliced onions, 5 potatoes, a 1lb bag of baby carrots, 1 bunch of celery chopped, 4c chicken stock (or 4c water + chicken bouillon cubes), a healthy sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper. You will have enough chicken, potatoes, and veggies for healthy dinners M-F and enough extra chicken to use on top of salads for lunches.

Plan out your meals ahead of time--It's really not hard or time consuming. In fact, prepping meals on one afternoon saves so much time over doing it daily. If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
  • H118
    H118 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Swimming is a good one if you have easy access to a pool. It's fun, low impact, and you don't necessarily have to swim laps to make it good exercise.
  • Kitonie
    Kitonie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @EllaNotEnch

Unfortunately I don't have money for transportation to go to meetups, I'm also not competitive. Thanks though.

@IGbnat

I have been trying for months to get rid of all of the junk food in the house but every time I do, someone else is buying something horrible no matter how many times I ask them not too. I was thinking about telling them to put it all in their own space.

I like the crockpot idea, though most of my meals have been raw vegetables, fish and occasionally chicken. I don't eat potatoes very much anymore - do you know of any more combinations for crockpots? I do mainly eat vegetables now, I just can't eat them cooked and mushy ugh.. lol x.x;

Thank you!

@H118

I don't have easy access to a pool but now that its summer, I'm going to be swimming a lot. Thanks :)
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    http://www.allthingskatiemarie.blogspot.com/2014/01/frozen-meal-prep.html

This is a great page with some freezable crockpot meals. Or just google 'easy freezer crockpot meals' and a bunch of ideas pop up. You can prep several meals, put them in a big ziplock, and freeze to make each week or every several days. Literally, just dump in a protein and whatever veggies you like, a cup ortwo of stock or wayer, season the crap out of it, and let it cook. Can't be any simpler. Crockpot chili is AHmazing.

And DEINITELY ask them to put thirjnk in a separate area or claim a cupboard, drawer, or shelf in the fridge where you can keep your healthy snacks. Take a i"f you didn't buy it, you don't eat it" attitude towards the food in the house.
  • Kitonie
    Kitonie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @IGbnat

Thank you :) and I will, I've already talked to one person about it and they're willing to put junk food in their bedroom.