Quick Workout Split Question!!! Any help appreciated!!!

Options
I have a quick question about my workout split. Lately, I have been training 4 days a week hitting the muscle groups twice. I'm training to gain strength for a tough mudder in a couple months. I am doing on most exercises 4 sets 6-8 reps. I am gaining strength and seeing results. However, I am getting fatiqued by the end of my routine and have a difficult time putting my everything into each of the exercises. This is how my routine looks.

Monday - Chest/Tris/Shoulders
Tuesday - Run
Wednesday - Legs/Back/Bis
Thursday - Run
Friday - Chest/Tris/Shoulders
Saturday - HIIT Run and Legs/Back/Bis
Sunday - Long run

On Chest/Tris/Shoulders days by the time I get to shoulders I have a hard time working them out and quickly become fatiqued. On Legs/back/bis day, I get fatiqued on whatever body part I do last. Is there something wrong with my split? I feel like I am short changing different body parts on each workout. I feel like hitting them two days a week is making me gain muscle and increase strength quickly but Im worried about not working out evenly.

Thanks for any advice you guys may have.

Replies

• eversmj
    eversmj Posts: 40
    Options
    You're blasting your shoulders and triceps, which are relatively small muscle groups. I'd consider adding at least one day for rest and recovery. Maybe also think about going to a full body workout 3x a week and concentrate more on the major lifts, at least for a few weeks. Those little muscle groups (bis, tris, etc) will still get work. If you're married to a body part split then an option could be to reduce volume (sets x reps) for a little bit to recover from accumulated fatigue.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Not enough rest.

Look at the P.H.U.L split method or Stronglifts for a REAL proven program.
  • shirleygirl1013
    shirleygirl1013 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think the biggest problem is that I'm exhausted. Its the one thing I don't want to admit. I would rather add a day of weight training then back off. I know thats crazy. I will check out those other programs too. I tried splitting up my training yesterday and doing some in morning and some at night and I went for a run. I'm still tired.