Anyone with 50-70lbs to lose looking for friends???

Options
Hi folks.. I joined this site 5 days ago, and although I have a few friends on my list, the few I have only seem to have little weight to lose! So looking for people with a bit more to lose, like myself. I am 30 year old, 5ft 10 and around a shameful 220lbs... so need to lose at least 50lbs to be a healthy weight... although pushing for nearer 70!! its a long way to go.. so some support would be great... if you want to friend me to motivate each other and nail this weight thing for good, then please friend me :)

Replies

• JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, please feel free to add me!

I'm 33, 5' 6" and have lost 48lb so far, with the same to go again....I'm exactly halfway there! I started at 256 (I still can't belive it!) and my goal at the moment is to be 160 (but I may go a little lower once I get there....I'd love to be able to say that I lost over 100lbs!).

I am really motivated and detirmined and would be happy to be your MFP friends and provide support and vice versa. If you'd like to please just send me a request.

Jane :)
  • ForeverChanged2
    ForeverChanged2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me to.
    I am 23, 5 ft 5 and way 203.I have 78 pounds to lose and will love to give support. The more support the better.
  • anie8989
    anie8989 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Add me!
    I have been on here for a cuple of years, but regularly the past few months. So far I have lost 6lbs in the past 2 months, but looking to lose about 100lbs. Hope we can share success!
  • mcaro05
    mcaro05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started at 311. I am now somehwere between 247-250 (in a little plateau and keep fluctuating). I still have about 70 lbs to go. I am 5'9 so I'd like to be around 170-180.
  • dorisdecker
    Options
    Feel free to add me only been here about a month and have lost 12lbs so far with a lot to go still currently weighing in at 204 and am 5'3! I agree I need support as well it is hard but we can do this!!!
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well (to anyone). I actually am looking to lose 70 pounds to my first goal (I'm 15 pounds in already), but my goal is the top of the chart for max healthy weight on the bmi scale. I will likely want to lose more after that. Just not sure how much yet.
  • Retropicker
    Retropicker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have a goal of 50 lbs. Would love to be your friend! Even though Ihave a very supportive husband and family I need all the help and support I can get. !
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 32 years old and 5'9". I started in March 2013 at 257 lbs and I've lost 52 so far. I'm looking to lose another 40-50 lbs to get down to a healthy weight. MFP has been a fantastic tool for me, and I've loved connecting with people all over the world.
  • xzeroxstarx
    xzeroxstarx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 27, also 5'10ft and am currently 210, I've already lost 24lb but I'm looking to drop at least 50lb more. I'm in the UK. x
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    About 35 down, about 77 to go.

Feel free to add me.
  • jayme252014
    Options
    I am three weeks in and finding my family support system lacking and would love a support group as well. I have about the same to lose and family that hates vegetables and wants most of my time out of work focused on them. I am still doing it but I need some positive energy to remind me why I don't want to split that sausage pizza with my husband, that finishing my son's French fries is not contributing to my goals and that yes indeed I can make time for me!

A little about me: from NH celebrating my 39th birthday for the second year this year, used to be very, very thin and now am a ball of flab, married with on child, school board mom, in the hospitality business and love meeting new people from around the world.