Frozen Blueberries

Options
LoneWolf_70
LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
Gotta recommend this. Used to hate blueberries until someone told me to freeze them. Now I put them in my greek yogurt and I am full on addicted I think.

Replies

• JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yeah they are great that way. I use frozen blueberries for all my smoothies.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    hmm I'm not a blueberry fan, but my hubby is.. maybe I'll try this...
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Im might rock your world when I tell you this- I freeze grapes too
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

I did this recently but didn't really like it. But then I read a pinterest thing about freezing grapes to use to chill wine and I was sold.

Otherwise, I freeze bananas. Frozen bananas are amazing!
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

i tried it with grapes, but didnt like it, then again i like grapes unfrozen so it was just to see what it was like.
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Frozen blueberries in oatmeal with egg whites...Mmmmm All the blueberries explode and is so good. Good source of antioxidents, fiber, and protein. :smile:
  • haleema93
    haleema93 Posts: 70
    Options
    Gotta recommend this. Used to hate blueberries until someone told me to freeze them. Now I put them in my greek yogurt and I am full on addicted I think.

do they not taste weird after they'r defrosted? i would have thought the texture goes funny
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Toss 'em into hot oatmeal...cools it off, sweetens it, adds nutrients...perfect!
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I LOVE frozen blueberries! I put them in my smoothie in the morning and it helps replace the need for ice! :love:
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I hated blueberries for the longest time and I agree with you. Much better frozen and in yogurt. Blueberry yogurt is great.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Frozen blueberries are the SECRET ingredient in my "BLUE KALE" smoothies. :tongue: Oops! DARN IT! I wasn't supposed to tell you! :laugh: Love fresh blueberries but the frozen ones are just magical in your mouth! :bigsmile:
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    if you buy them already frozen you can get 3 times as many for the same price ;)

make sure and check the ingredients and get the ones that say

ingredients :blueberries

and that's all
  • walterx42
    walterx42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like frozen blueberries on a bowl of Cheerios. It turns the bowl into a crunchy dessert-like treat (with blueberry milk at the end).
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Slices of frozen banana stop an ice cream craving dead in its tracks for me. So friggin delicious!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Loooove fresh blueberries. But when I make smoothies or want to mush them for some other reason, I buy the frozen ones, too. Same with raspberries. No wait, I prefer those frozen because they don't feel like some soft, squishy insect in your mouth.
  • egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Options
    Frozen blueberries in oatmeal with egg whites...Mmmmm All the blueberries explode and is so good. Good source of antioxidents, fiber, and protein. :smile:

Well that sounds good! Whatdaya do? Scramble them first?
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

do they not taste weird after they'r defrosted? i would have thought the texture goes funny

you eat them frozen.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

I freeze all the fruits I buy: mangoes, bananas, pineapples, strawberries, raspberries. This way I have fruits all year to add to my green or fruit smoothies.

Bananas are best frozen without the skin - some people prefer to freeze with the skin.
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Well that sounds good! Whatdaya do? Scramble them first?
    I use instant oatmeal, add your water or milk to it, and I add 2 servings of egg whites. Stir it up, Nuke for a minute, stir again and nuke for another minute and a half. Stir before eating. It comes out thick and fluffy, if you want it thinner add more liquid. It's super easy, and an even easier way to get more protein in (I use kashi go lean hearty all natural honey and cinnamon which already has 8gm of protein)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I love 'em too - especially at the bottom of a bottle of Sea Dog blueberry beer!