Are you a breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack person?

Options
Are you a breakfast person? lunch person? dinner person? or a snacker? Which meal takes up most of your caloires during the day?

For me it is breakfast. Breakfast tends to take up 300-400 of my total calories. After that, I snack throughout the day. I'm a snacker. Sometimes lunch will take the bulk of the calories but mostly it's breakfast.

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I never get hungry til evening when I usually eat the most calories. I've always been like that even if I do eat a big breakfast. I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. So 5 small meals a day for me.
  • jillerin457
    Options
    When I started tracking calories, I discovered that I was a HUGE snacker -- way worse than I realized! And that I was getting a ton of calories and sugar from my favorite indulgence, sodas. Now I'm a lot more conscious of what I eat and when, and my big meal usually ends up being lunch.

Today I splurged on breakfast, though: Starbucks nonfat, no whip hot chocolate and a slice of pumpkin loaf. It's pretty high in calories and off the charts on sugar, so I will be super careful the rest of the day. I just needed something to look forward to on the first morning back at school/first snow of the year.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I looove breakfast.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Um....yes?

I LOVE FOOD.

I am mostly a snacker, especially after dinner! I have tried to capitalize on this and make all my "snacks" mini meals so I end up eating 6 meals of about 300 calories each...works during the week!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    well technically lunch takes up the majority of my calories, try to eat the big amount in the morning since i eat dinner and usually a snack, but breakfast is great anytime of the day, so food wise breakfast :happy:
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be a totally unhealthy Lunch with lots of snacking in between.

Now Dinner is my biggest. I keep my breakfast and lunch pretty low, and dinner I go with some bigger portions!!
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    snacker for sure, then dinner.

I used to eat just snacks and dinner. I never thought I was really eating very much because I would tell myself" oh you are just eating dinner...I was in denial about the donuts, candy bars, chips, crackers etc from the vending machines at work.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I think I qualify as all of the above, but my most favorite meal is brunch! I plan my meals and make sure that I get 'brunch' everyday which usually includes eggs, grains, meat and cheese. I love to make a healthy version of Hawaiian Loco Moco...1/2 c brown rice, 1 lean turkey burger, 1 fried egg, 1/8c low fat cheese and 1/4 c low fat brown gravy. Ohhhh Hawaiiian heaven!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I LOVe lunch:bigsmile: I'm a huge fan of Sandwiches, soups and salads!
    I try to consume the most cal's in the morning which is hard for me because I'm not big on breakfast...so just getting something down in the morning is an accomplishment for me, but I have coffeee for energy in the morning.
    TRhe middle of the day is when I need another boost of energy and lunch time is when I get it, it's also the only queit part of my day where I can sit down, watch an episode of a show and indulge in a delicious lunch! Whihc by the way I have cut my calories almost in half at lunch time with the breads meats and cheeses, I eat my sandwiches are roughly 230-250cal's!:bigsmile:
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    On the weekend, i am a brunch fan. Usually a large, late breakfast. Durning the week, it's def snacks of dinner that take up the most of my cals!
  • cbevan
    cbevan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I try to keep breakfast and lunch around 300 calories each, and I try to make sure I have some protein, which helps keep me satisfied longer than just carbs. I like a little bit of a more substantial dinner - 450 to 500 calories. The rest of the calories go to snacks, which tend to be 60 - 100 calories each, spaced throughout the day. I like to make sure I have enough calories left for a taste of chocolate sometime after dinner - 1 or 2 dove dark chocolate promises, or a sugar free chocolate pudding.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Mm I wish I could say. It varies day by day because I like to space out my meals so that I'm not constantly hungry but if I could OH BREAKFAST and I would go all out! Haha well like yesterday!!

15oz Oj
    1 appple bran muffin
    1 bowl of oatmeal and soo full!!!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have to say Lunch....mainly because I dont eat a heavy dinner and I workout late evening..
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    All of the above :laugh:
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i am a big time snacker! especially in the evening hours after I get home from work. if i'm not sitting on my butt in front of the tv, you'll find me in the kitchen looking for something to snack on. grrr!!!
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    I usually plan the next day's dinner the night ahead and plan the rest of my meals and snacks when I see what I have left. I am determined to eat a family dinner and eat a small portion of what I am serving my family.

That being said - I love my coffee and save enough points to add milk and sugar. Every Day. LOVE IT!
  • mama2lmcjd
    mama2lmcjd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Definitely dinner. I can get away with "snacking" all day ( a yogurt here, some fruit an hour later, etc.) but dinner is my almost guaranteed sit-down/family meal.
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I work in a restaurant so I get to eat at very irregular hours. I would say I get the majority of my calories in at lunch time, then I have healthy snacks later on to hold me over and a small dinner. (Who wants to eat big at 9:30/10 at night?) I'm also trying to sit down and have breakfast in the morning with my son when I feed him. Sometimes it's tough with all I feel I need to get done before going to work, but I know it's good for me...and for him to have extra morning mommy time.

I used to be a straight up snacker on my days off, with no clue how many calories I was actually injesting. Now I'm trying to really pay attention to what and how I'm eating, the same way I do for my son. On my days off, dinner is my biggest meal, I would say.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Snacker when I'm doing well and with tracking my food, I'm a healthier snacker. I find that if I have healthy snacks that are nutritionally dense (lots of nutrients per calorie) and I spread it out so I get to munch on something every hour, I feel much better and more productive at work (no tired/hungry slumps!). And the best part is that I end up eating less w/o ever feeling starved or stuffed, just steady all day. This does make it a little challenging at times to decide if something is a snack or fits into a meal. I should have divided my food diary into times rather than meals... and now I don't really want to mess with it. Oh well, no biggie to my body really =)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    In my life before mfp, I skipped breakfast was a noon to bed grazer (lunch, after school snack, dinner, evening munchies...) Now, my biggest meal of the day is dinner, but I enjoy the peace at breakfast.