Rainy days...

Options
How do you get your exercise in on rainy days? I don't have a gym membership so I walk everyday around my neighborhood but we have had none stop rain all day and it doesn't look like it's stopping! Any suggestions on how to burn calories around my house?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It's raining here today..and I had planned a walk/bike ride...but if it doesn't stop raining I will go to fitnessblender.com and put on one of my favorite HIIT videos on my laptop and burn em up that way.
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Youtube has great, free workouts. If you have some space, a yoga mat and some hand weights you can do any number of workouts. Or try fitnessblender.com! I personally like Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 and 6 Weeks 6 Pack. Have fun, whatever you choose! :)
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    rainy days are one of the few times i actually enjoy running, its invigorating
  • mindycredeur
    mindycredeur Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the tips, I will check out the websites and make some room in the living room :)
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I have video's on the computer, and also dvd's. A stationary bike, and well as free weight's. You can also find fitness video's on youtube :)
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE running in the rain. It's amazing how refreshing it is. Plus the weird looks make it most entertaining. If it's a completely down pour YouTube or I have some Beachbody workouts I love doing.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Wear waterproofs!! I also like going out in the rain, its a nice feeling :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    "you are your own gym" is always good, and then a walk around a mall or other big indoor place.
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I run and ride in the rain. You only get so wet, and it's fun.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If it's light rain, I still like to go out. Free cooloff!

Other than that, I like to do some heavy cleaning (like, throw everything in a pile on the floor and organize, wash everything that can fit into a washer, organize the entire kitchen cleaning), dancing, or some squats/crunches.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Dance dance dance!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    It is raining here too and I still did my 5 miles. It was an awesome experience. I put on a baseball hat and sang in the rain as I power walked. I can not wait to do it again. With that said I usually do Leslie Sansone Walk at Home video on rainy days. There are many on Youtube.
  • dispatcher939
    dispatcher939 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Check out jessica bass byrge on youtube, she has some great workouts that are also fun.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just run in the rain. It's a very enjoyable experience. Put on a baseball cap and try it, you may surprise yourself.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Depends on the temp for me. If it's at least 60 F, I'll go for a walk/run with my baseball hat on. If it's colder, I stay inside and put in a DVD or find a workout on YouTube. The last one I tried that I really liked was Les Mills Body Combat - kickboxing workout - you don't need a ton of room but be careful where you kick. :)
  • nelsoji
    nelsoji Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Others said it already but I always said the same thing. I sweat like a pig so I am soaked after a run whether its raining or not - at least when its raining I have an excuse for coming in looking like I went through a car wash!!!
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I walk laps around my local shopping centre (mall ?) with my fitbit on to count the steps.
    I just walk and walk and walk.
  • teegoods38
    teegoods38 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have an app on my Ipad called fitnet it's a great workout for rainy days.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I tried running in the rain and felt disgusting during/afterwards (and the lightening was a huge no-no). I usually turn on a Jillian Michaels workout if it's storming outside.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I would put on a workout video (DVD or fitnessblender.com), walk up/down my stairs, jump rope, lift weights, or play with my Xbox Kinect.