Gym Routine

Options
I've just started going to the gym and I tend to just go on the treadmill and cross trainer but I want a rountine so I can use the weights too. I go to the gym twice a week what rountine shall I do in them 2 days?

Replies

• laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I would do upper body one day including arms, abs, and back. Then lower body the other day.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    See if your gym offers free consultations with personal trainers. Years ago, when I belonged to 24 hour Fitness, they let you have trial sessions. I was able to do two full trial sessions without paying for them, and I just memorized what the trainer had me do!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If all you have is 2 days, you could start with some light weights on machines targeting legs and core (abs) one day and arms and back the other day. I'd recommend also doing cardio. For example, if you have an hour an a half at each workout, do 45 minutes weight training and 45 minutes cardio each of the 2 days. Once you feel stronger, you could look into adding free weights, classes, etc. A trainer could assist in choosing the right machines/weights.

Hope this helps.
  • BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a personal trainer 3 times a week. She gave me "core" exercises to do every day. 2 sets each. Abdominal crunches. Bridges, Toroso rotations, leg kickbacks and plank. She had us (my BFF and I share the cost and sessions). She had us do 50 minutes of cardio on treadmill 5 times a week as well. On the days that she trains us she works either upper body or legs. If you can afford a personal trainer at your gym you might want to consider one for at least a month. Also most gyms will have someone take you through each machine and explain what they will do for you. Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • Nasty77
    Options
    Well, I go to the gym 4 times a week. Everyday I hit the treadmill for 60 mins. My weight workout goes as follow: Day 1 will be arms/shoulders and abs (I used 20lbs and do 4x15...nice and slow so it can burn), Day 2 will be all legs (I only use weights for front and regular squats 95/135lbs full squats) Then I do regular body squats where it's all you. Example: Double leg squat, right leg lunge, double leg squat & left leg lunge (l set) 4x10. 2 sets of bouning double leg jumps and then funish with 2 set of 20 single lunges. Day 3: Bench/Hack/Military and inclines and finish with abs, pushup, planks and mountain climber. Day 4 which is Sunday: Jump rope/bike/drips/legs lift and I'm a thick girl that plays football.

My position is to stronger, faster and bigger and will always be on top. I do a lot of squats to exploded when I bull rush. My case is different because I have to do more cardio than weight training. And now I eat eat 6 times a day.....I don't feel hurgry nor tried like I used to.

For you try this:

Day 1 (3x15)

Paralle Squats - 5lbs
    Leg Extention
    Leg Curls
    Walking Lunges with 5lbs

Day 2 (3x10)

Dumbbel Lateral Raises - 5lbs
    Dumbbel Front Raises - 5lbs
    Dumbbel Rear Delt - 5lbs
    Lat Pulldown
    Seat Row Overs

Some ABs Workout you might be interested:

Front Bridge - Holding yourself up in the push up position for like 15sec do 3x10-15secs. Goal is to go higher. I can hold myself up for 1:45sec....That's time but you will get it
    Push-Up- Set a goal. Try do 20 push ups 4x5 till you can do 10 without stopping
    Sit-Up/Crunches - tried to do 20 to 100
    Knee to Chest - Now I think you should do 3x10
    Double Legs lift - Now try this with your legs going up. This is much harder than the knee to chest 4x5

I hope you like,
    Nikki:bigsmile: