Vol 2 attractiveness when single?

Options
Of course feeling attractive comes from more than one source though I sometimes think if I had a boyfriend telling me I was beautiful every day that would help me to feel beautiful, and also I would care most about his opinion than others so other women/men's comments wouldn't affect me so much.

I have been single for 2 years, and sometimes I think it sucks not having someone to get dolled up for. Like I put on makeup and wear clothes that I think look good, but no one's looking. No one cares. No one gets close enough to see my nail polish. It's ironic, I only had 1 eye shadow duo and 1 eye shadow trio when I had a boyfriend though I obtained a quint a few months into our relationship, and now that my makeup collection has multiplied no one's looking :(

No one notices my clothes. Even when my boyfriend was drunk he would notice if I was wearing something new and ask me where did you get that. I don't even bother buying dresses because it's not like I have a man to go to a restaurant or museum with who would appreciate it. I do go to restaurants sometimes like with friends but yeah.

If I were in a relationship I would want to have really shiny and nice hair so I would buy bumble and bumble shampoo and conditioner. I was actually thinking about buying someone but no one's looking so I don't really care. Sometimes I have to force myself to wear makeup and perfume, like I have to remind myself look there's no point not using it just bc you're single, you enjoy using it don't you, live a little. You bought it, don't let it go to waste just bc you are single.

I miss my boyfriend used to tell me that I am beautiful. In the morning I of course didn't have makeup when I woke up and he said you are so ugly without makeup because he knows I love makeup. Then I hid my face and he said I'm joking you're the most beautiful, you are a princess. then we burst out laughing. Also when I put on my makeup he joked, you put on makeup to go to the store? Which man are you trying to impress?

Honestly my first boyfriend at first he told me that I'm the perfect girl and I'm beautiful and he wants everyone to know I am with him, but later he said that his ex gf is prettier than me a lot, much better than me, and he pointed out girls that are better looking on the sidewalk, which is pretty much everyone, so we broke up, but now I'm older so I know he did that to make me insecure because he was afraid I will leave him. Actually right before he talked that way he kept asking why are you with me, you can be with someone else, why me, etc.

Anyways yes I do miss being told I am beautiful, even if they didn't say it you know they are with you so they can't be too attracted to you. My boyfriend had quite light skin and a tiny little body. He was cute in an endearing way like a pet not in a lustful type of way which is fine by me. The guy I liked last had tanned skin which is okay, not everyone has to look the same. anyways the only other time someone has said I am looking good is this girl, and she doesn't like me, so I know she means it, not just saying it to be nice. Sometimes I remind myself of that when I feel bad.

can anyone relate to anything that I'm saying?

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    No. I already believe I am beautiful; therefore, I will one day make a good girlfriend.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    ...comment removed because...troll.
  • RadioGames
    RadioGames Posts: 24
    Options
    No. I already believe I am beautiful; therefore, I will one day make a good girlfriend.

Yes you will <3

wow that is inspiring what you've written organic manure....
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Holy Kazik, Batman!!!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You might need to get yourself together...on the inside. Just putting that out there OP.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    trollin
    trollin
    trollin
    keeps the threads a rollin
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Yes you will <3

Organic manure? Okay then.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have been single now for just under 3 years, and I totally get it..... But I have learned (or should I say re-learned) that I dress up for me.... Not for anyone else! If I feel like I look especially attractive, then I have a much better attitude about everything.

Do those things for you, not because you have a BF, but because you love yourself. Don't look for the appreciation from someone else, look in the mirror and admit, "I am looking gorgeous today! Lookout world!"
  • So_Much_Fab
    Options

Yes you will <3

IKR? Guess I got suckered into a troll post!
  • frankieags
    frankieags Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good things come to those who wait... just sayin'... be patient, and when you least expect it, BAM!...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    LOL. I stopped wearing make up because I'm not single. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Either that, or it's because I'm lazy. I can never remember.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Yes you will <3

LOL, what!? :laugh:
  • RadioGames
    RadioGames Posts: 24
    Options
    I have been single now for just under 3 years, and I totally get it..... But I have learned (or should I say re-learned) that I dress up for me.... Not for anyone else! If I feel like I look especially attractive, then I have a much better attitude about everything.

Do those things for you, not because you have a BF, but because you love yourself. Don't look for the appreciation from someone else, look in the mirror and admit, "I am looking gorgeous today! Lookout world!"

You inspire me and thanks for understanding. I'll try to look good for myself.

Frankie by BAM are you talking about my future boyfriend's **** going into my vagina? Sorry for being explicit but sounds like that is what you mean
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    See? You start talking about clothes, your drunk boyfriend, your different shades of eye shadow - why not just post this under your BC name and quit trolling.

Waste of time.
  • Cashewtheguineapig
    Cashewtheguineapig Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You don't need a guy to tell you you're beautiful!

Don't compare your self to others, work out what you like best about yourself and make it rock.

Wearing make-up shouldn't be something you feel you have to do to please a man - It should be about the colours you love, the mood your in be it funky, sophisticated, dark/dramatic etc. Make-up is just a visual expression of who want to be at that moment, its something you should do for yourself above all else. If you feel silly making the effort when you're not going anywhere special get an Instagram/FB account and share the results.

If you don't find yourself going to the kind of events that you need to get dressed up for and you miss it just make your own opportunities, go to the theatre/gig/art opening and dress up as much as you want. Some people might love your style and others might hate it, just have the conviction to do your own thing (even if for you that means going makeup free).
  • So_Much_Fab
    Options
    See? You start talking about clothes, your drunk boyfriend, your different shade of eye shadow - why not just post this under you BC name and quit trolling.

Waste of time.

What's a BC name?
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    This is all I have to say....
    tumblr_n0riwaMgZk1s8kxvlo1_250.gif
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    trollin
    trollin
    trollin
    keeps the threads a rollin

+1
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    See? You start talking about clothes, your drunk boyfriend, your different shade of eye shadow - why not just post this under you BC name and quit trolling.

Waste of time.

What's a BC name?

Bright crystal user name, one of her many user names.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m06j9mZZ6E1rqf6mzo1_500.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: