YOU inspire me!

Options
Usually during lunch I peruse CNN or Facebook, catching up on the gossip or world events...depressing myself further at the state of things and go back to work feeling horrible. Since I started on this site I have been checking out the member boards from time to time, looking for new friends and making posts. I find myself now logging in during lunch and being inspired and reading people's posts, their struggles and successes, making me feel great about myself as my friends motivate me daily to be healthy and cognizant of my food choices and I do the same. I go back to work and feel energized, ready to combat the headaches of my job and the stresses of the day. I want to thank you..ALL of you, as you work hard and show that with just a little bit of work you can make some great changes. I'm proud of you!

Replies

• Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I noticed the same thing about my self. I spend less and less time on fb and opt to come on here instead. I try to log in once a day but more often then not several times, I love reading posts and making new friends. Actually I have a few that I send messages back and forward on a regular bases. It is an amazing thing isn't it, knowing that there are other people in the same spot willing to offer you support and friendship.
  • tairaven
    tairaven Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Same thing here! I used to check the news sites and such while at lunch too, but I found it has gotten so darn depressing! Facebook has become such a waste of time for me too. I would rather hang out here, read up on all the new stuff, help out my friends, meet new people, and stay motivated throughout the day. Plus too, with all this "good stuff" going on, I'm usually excited to get home and start my workouts!
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Agreed. i too turned away from Facebook and use this as my social network. I like that it is relatively drama free too.
  • mkflores7035
    Options
    I've actually de-activated my facebook. I got tired and bored of all the bull****, and drama...Besides instead of playing games, chatting or facebook creeping..lol....I work out, spend time with my daughter, preparing healthy foods to take to work
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I still go on FB because I have a small friend base of only friends and family. A lot of my friends and family just read the emails, but don't post.

However, I am on MFP everyday. It's much more relevant to my life and is more than just counting calories and losing weight. I've made friends, I've reached goal and decided to work on my body fat level. I feel I have activities and interests that get more attention here than on FB.

My dietician wants me to work to stop logging and at one point I may do that, but that's not why I'm here any more

This is a great thread.