What's your motivation to get in shape???

Options
I had been trying to lose weight and had lost a little bit, but I just went thru a breakup and its really motives me to kick it in high gear. Not only have I been working out harder than I ever have... I've also been tanning and looking into new styles. I know this probably isn't the best thing to say, but I have this idea of how I want to look when I see my ex. I want him to be jealous and make him think. So yes, my breakup has been my major motivation. What about you?

Replies

• sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight for so long that I don't even remember what its like to be skinny and in shape. I can't even imagine it.
    I'd love to experience it. That's my motivation. c:
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The gorgeous clothes hanging in my wardrobe are my motivation!
  • AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight my whole life. My biggest weight was 280. My smallest was 199. I'm currently at 218. Id like to be at 200 by the end of June. My goal weight is 160.
  • postzak
    postzak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Am I the only man, looking through these forums..?
  • slimjenny21
    slimjenny21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and the confidence I have when I'm thinner.
    However, I've totally just given up lately.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to feel good about myself, no matter what the size, and to be fit and strong. I don't mind being large so long as I feel good in what I wear and I can do circuit training and do heavy lifting without wanting to pass out from being unfit.
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with using that as motivation! Haha.

I have an upcoming vacation that I want to get into shape for, and the things that are motivating me lately are cute clothes, the idea of looking great in photos, and putting up a new photo on my Facebook with a thinner me. My boyfriend is super supportive and helps keep me motivated by reminding me of what I'v accomplished. :)
  • Newgirlnewme
    Options
    I've been overweight for as long as I can remember.

and my motivation is fitting into cute clothes that I ACTUALLY like instead of the ugly ones or the nice clothes that cost an arm and a leg. And to wear a two piece for once in my life while feeling confident and amazing!!
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am living on my own away from all of my family, friends and my boyfriend in a completely new city. My motivation is to shock everyone when I get back home with all the weight I've lost!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Just to feel good about myself. To be able to buy some medium clothes that are always hanging on the clearance rack. Lol
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    The fact that since I became aware that my body was fat, in the 6th grade, everyday in the fat body has felt like some enormous violation.

Getting in shape (again) doesn't feel like an option, but rather a necessity. I can't spend any more years waking up and wondering why my body looks absolutely nothing like how I feel.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My current motivation is my Wedding in Maui.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I have a few:

First off, I want to get healthy and fit. But that's so generic that I've added a few more motivating things to the list.

1. Hawaii vacation end July/beginning August
    2. High School Reunion end Nov
    3. Want to lose the weight and have healthy habits established before I get pregnant (when? I don't know, but sometime)
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    There are many reasons.

For one I have lots and lots of clothes that are a lot smaller than what I wear now and I near to scale down my closet rather than having 6 different sizes
    I am going to be in a wedding next year where everyone else is a size 4
    My dad passed away at age 51 of heart disease. I want to live a long life
    I want to feel confident rather than discusted with myself
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Mine has changed over the almost 2 years on MFP . . .

1. To get off medication - Done!
    2. Have enough energy to keep up with partner (now former partner) - Done!
    3. Have that revenge dress moment in presence of former partner - Done!
    4. Reach my weight goal, which was initially a size goal - size goal part - Done!

Now I am not sure what I am really doing, I think I just want to reach my goal weight just so I can say I did it :bigsmile:
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Just to feel good about myself. To be able to buy some medium clothes that are always hanging on the clearance rack. Lol

I know that feeling, but now it seems everything I want is still some other size - I guess the grass is always greener on the other side!
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Am I the only man, looking through these forums..?

Nope

I want to look good nekid and see what it's like to actually be a healthy, in shape person.