What's your maintenance range? Women ~5'

Options

Replies

• bombshellcertification
    bombshellcertification Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    im 5'1.5 and weigh 130 which is high end of range, Id like to have less body fat--muscle may make me heavier weight wise but in my mind I have felt my best at about 120-123 --im medium frame with sharp curves--boobs & hips, but squishy, getting more toned each day :)
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0". I'd like to be between 83 and 94. I have been 85 before and I didn't look scarily thin so I want it back because that's the time when I had my abs. I want my abs back. You might think these numbers are too small but I am Asian and I have really small frame. Right now I'm at 98.

Whoa, you are light!!! I have heard that Asian women, if shorter and thin, tend to be much smaller than the Western idea of "healthy" BMI/bodyweight. I guess if you eat healthily and feel good, then good for you!

To everyone-- thank you all! I appreciate it! It sounds like many people so far are pretty similar to me-- with the exception of the one woman with the amazing weightlifting lifestyle!

I'm guessing my maintenance range is going to over time be between 102 and 105ish. At this weight (103) I like how I look but I'm also hungry and have been overeating (eating a few hundred cals over maintenance) every day for several days. :/

Yes it seems really light but right now I still have a fistful of fat I can grab from my stomach. Even behind my arms, there's extra fat. My cheeks and chin are also a little fuller. So yeah, I'm still not there. I would stop losing though if I notice that I'm getting extra thin and if I don't feel right anymore.

Anyways, I am also hoping for the day that I will be already at maintenance like you. And don't worry, just go back on track on the next meal. Eat foods that are filling. Those with lots of fiber are good in that department. You can try first to drink water or busy yourself, if the hunger pass then you're not really hungry. And if you're really hungry, eat. It's not good to deprive yourself.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5ft and my maintenance range is 98-102lbs. Sadly due to stuffing my face with lard recently i have just gone over my range so will be back to losing until i get back to goal. I think i might see a gain soon though as i am planning to start lifting so will try to go by how my clothes feel rather than scale numbers.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am 5' - 3" and I prefer to be right around 128 lbs. When I drop lower than that I look too skinny and start losing my curves.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my ideal weight is 105, but due to some recent binges my weight has gone up to 110. Upping my exercise & reducing my calorie intake to get back down again. Maintenance range would be between 100-110.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am currently fluctuating between 108-106. Hoping to get to 100lbs whoever, I seem to gain and lose the last 5 lbs over and over. Need more consistency with my calorie intake of course.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 4.5 and my maintenance is between 140 and 144 or thereabouts. This is the first time in my life I have been at a healthy weight, so I'm pretty darned proud of myself.
  • blankney94
    blankney94 Posts: 95
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5'3" and nearing 40, a pear shape.

I was 142lb (64kg) and wasn't happy with that. I got down to 118lb. Looked and felt great but needed a lot of devotion to maintain. Now I'm sitting at 128lb but hoping to get back to 120-123lb.
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am 5" 2.75" and maintain between 116-118lbs. Seems this is where my body is comfortable.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    5' and my range is 115-122
  • anitap343
    anitap343 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2''. I feel best around 110-113. I think I relaxed too much during maintenance and now am 118-120. I can definitely feel the difference between these 2 ranges, I feel a lot heavier and sluggish now. I was 108-110 when I was losing too much weight, and I felt way too unhealthy and thin then.
  • rljohnsufl
    rljohnsufl Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm a little under 5' 2". My goal weight is 115. I've been down as low as 109, but I didn't think I looked very good. I'd say my maintenance range would be 114-118.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my maintenance is 118 lbs - 120 lbs. I am 53 and feel the most comfortable at this weight. I am top heavy (large chested) and I look ridiculous if I get smaller than 115 lbs. I look like I may fall over. LOL I am very happy were I am at.
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 139 and I only want to lose 10 pounds of fat. Muscle is very important to me. I currently wear a 4 pant and 2 dress. I'm thinking 125 will be the lowest I want to be so I can keep my muscles :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and had my maintenance range at 125 t0 130. I'm at 130 right now, but want to lower my body fat % so I've decided to change my range to 123 t0 128 with a maintenance goal of 125. I'm training to be a Zumba instructor and would like to be at an athletic BF%. Right now it's 24 to 30% depending on how I took it. I would like to be under 20%. I talked to one of the top trainers at my gym, whom I trust and he said the only way to lose body fat is to lose weight (Is that true).

Also, my hip measurement is 39 and waist is 29. I'd like to have those smaller. I know you can't spot reduce. So long story short. I reset my daily goal to lose a half pound a week to reach five pounds, which I think is a reasonable giak,
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and my goal weight was 125. I hit that and my body has settled into the 128-130 range. I would like to be back at 125 but I am more interested in lowering my body fat from 24% down 18-20%. I am maintaining at 1500 calories/day - not eating back any exercise deficit and maintaining 43%, 37%, 20% CPF macros
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I guess this puts me on the high side of what I've been seeing, but I'm 5'3" and I'd like to maintain around 128. My butt and chest don't let me go much below that!
  • vervegreen
    vervegreen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and my goal weight is 118 but I'm hoping my maintenance will be 112-125. That's a big range I know but I've been at 125 before and I liked how I looked, I just want to be on the lower end of my healthy BMI. I'm an hourglass with a medium frame and have curves that I don't really want to lose (after years of waiting for them to grow lol).
  • skinnygirldc
    skinnygirldc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet, 2.5 inches, and my maintenance weight seems to hover between 118-122. I prefer to be around 115-118, which allows me to comfortably wear size 4 pants and dresses.

But sometimes it drifts up to 125 (like right now, LOL), and then I need to wear size 6.

I have been as low as 108-112 (wearing size 2) but appeared waif-like. It just wasn't for me. I like my muscles and curves, although it was fun being a pixie for a short while.

I'm 42 if that makes a difference, although my weight has been about the same for the past 25 years.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and my original GW is 130. I am also 67 years old and don't think it would be healthy for me to go much lower. I am currently at 137. I also take into account that I am pear shaped and have very muscular legs, butt, and thighs plus am large chested. The BMI does not work for me - my doc told me that it doesn't take into account things like muscular builds like mine. I would agree. I am in a size 8 jeans and a small in all tops and at my age, I think that's decent. For me, it's about health more than anything else. I work out 5x per week, cardio, weights, circuit training. I have changed my GW to 135 recently so that 130 did not seem so far off. (I have lost 40 lbs. in 2 years.) When I get to 135, I will most likely change my GW to 130 ... I expect the last 2 - 7 lbs. to come off very very slowly. Then I will do maintenance and remain between 130 and 135, and use TDEE for maintenance calories. I also plan, after a year of maintenance (and let's hope that happens!) to try to eat well and balanced, and not be totally stuck to counting calories. But if that doesn't work, I will continue what I have been doing with MFP.