An Vegans Out There?

Options
I am a 35 year old vegan. I have been since December 29th, 2013. I lost a bunch of weight in the beginning but I have teetered off and I am kinda stuck. I am vegan for all the reasons including health, environment and ethics so please don't try to persuade me to eat meat...I don't wanna get into that here. Just trying to find so like minded folks to share this journey with.

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. Purely ethical reasons. Been vegetarian before, but not sure what I've gotten myself into with this. If I get sick, tired, or gain weight, Bessie is back on the menu. With that said, feel free to add me.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm a Vegan been one for 15 years so feel free to add me
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... we went vegan on the exact same day. Been vegetarian for 5 years.
  • ComoHappyGirl
    ComoHappyGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love being vegan. I have so much more energy than when "Bessie" was on the menu. :)
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I love being vegan. I have so much more energy than when "Bessie" was on the menu. :)

unless you want the sharks to feast on an innocent thread, divisive comments would be best made in the private groups here.
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Join the groups Happy Herbivores and Team Vegan for lots of like minded friends x
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Oh, you will know soon enough.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options

unless you want the sharks to feast on an innocent thread, divisive comments would be best made in the private groups here.

it's SO very 'divisive' to state what one prefers. :huh:

....AND as much as i hate agreeing w/ John, he's right.

i felt lighter, cleaner, and more energetic when i was a vegatarian for ca. 2 yrs. come at me. :laugh:
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Been Vegan since the 16th April of this year.....for ethical reasons...........feel free to ad me as a friend! :o))
  • jessicafk11
    jessicafk11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan in progress . . . feel free to add me!
  • RyanPorterfield418
    RyanPorterfield418 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow Vegans. Since going vegan I have lost 85 lbs in about a years time. That weight was not lost just due to cutting out the animal products and by-products out of my diet but it sure did not hurt the process. Glad to see some like minded people out there.
  • juliafromrf
    juliafromrf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegan for 1 year, feel free to add me. :)
  • BlackRose101
    BlackRose101 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Recent vegan veg-head for 5+ years. Add me :D
  • kmbrtn
    kmbrtn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not strictly vegan, still eating eggs and cheese, drinking milk and eating fish.
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Been vegan since October 2013, vegetarian for 15 years before that. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I'm not strictly vegan, still eating eggs and cheese, drinking milk and eating fish.

I am a semi vegan and this sounds similar to what I'm doing. I love sushi with fish and I have a "cheat day" 3x per week when I eat stuff like burgers and hot wings. It's working great for me!!!!!!
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options

I am a semi vegan and this sounds similar to what I'm doing. I love sushi with fish and I have a "cheat day" 3x per week when I eat stuff like burgers and hot wings. It's working great for me!!!!!!

i cheat 2 times per day... am i semi vegan?
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

i cheat 2 times per day... am i semi vegan?

I'm no expert.but I'm pretty sure that means you're vegetarian
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Pescetarian, that is the word you are looking for.