Preparing for insanity?

Options
IsaackGMOON
IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
I'm not fit enough to do insanity, I literally had to pause the fit test about 5 times and I was guzzling water like a dog. I feel that I'm not ready for Insanity at all; what should I do in the mean time?

I did a little bit of browsing, a few people suggested to other people that they try other workouts like the 30 Day Shred. But I'm just here thinking that if I go out running and train my cardiovascular system , that would be just as good?

I'm sort of new to fitness so I'm not really that knowledgeable - I'd really appreciate some help!

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    This would be good to know, as I wanted to complete Insanity one day, but honestly - I am terrified of that program.

I would rather do 30 day shred any day, and that program hurts.
  • Emedina1987
    Options
    My husband and I started insanity almost two weeks ago and at first it's seems impossible. We could barely walk the next couple of days but we pushed through it and it gets easier to do and it's awesome to see how much you can improve in such a short period of time. We had to pause it a lot too and I still can't do all of the workouts and some I've
    Modified so that I am doing something similar to what they are doing until I can build up my endurance more. It's definitely a hard program, but that's why it's called insanity lol. I love/hate it but I have gotten great results in a short period of time.

It's not for everyone. Find something that works for you. As long as your moving you should see changes in your body :) good luck!
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started insanity almost two weeks ago and at first it's seems impossible. We could barely walk the next couple of days but we pushed through it and it gets easier to do and it's awesome to see how much you can improve in such a short period of time. We had to pause it a lot too and I still can't do all of the workouts and some I've
    Modified so that I am doing something similar to what they are doing until I can build up my endurance more. It's definitely a hard program, but that's why it's called insanity lol. I love/hate it but I have gotten great results in a short period of time.

It's not for everyone. Find something that works for you. As long as your moving you should see changes in your body :) good luck!

I took into account with what you said, I did the fit test today. When I finished it, I had a smile on my face... thank you!
  • kev1239
    kev1239 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started Insanity for the second time (2 days in now) I stopped 4 weeks into the first time round and whilst at the beginning you will ache and it will be touch, it does get easier and is a great work out to completed.