I'm new and just completed Week 1

Options
My results from this first week weren't as great as I had hoped though I'm not complaining. I find I do well in the first couple weeks of changing my life, but I always go back. I have a attainable goal and motivation to do so though I find it hard when others around me aren't doing the same. My goal is to lose 50lbs by June 2011, that's about 10lbs a month. I think some support on here might be nice. I'm working out 5x a week on my eliptical and I am doing a Zumba fitness class 3 times a week. Got any other suggestions? Oh yeah and I find it hard to get 1200 calories in a day, and then the added calories they give me for the workouts.

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    welcome and congrats. go ahead and friend me and we will encourage each other. im the same way(almost spelled weigh haha) couple of weeks im good, then i start to drop off. this site is awesome and the people are so encouraging. whenever i think im going to splurge, i come right here and post and theres so many people to help out. good luck.
  • janebo
    janebo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Five pounds is great for a first week. Hang in there and you will succeed.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Zumba is a favorite of mine too. I also like cardio kickboxing classes because they are great for relieving stress and they combine some resistance training usually.

You definitely need to get your minimum 1200 calories in, or else it will make it even harder to lose weight because your body will go into starvation mode and slow your metabolism down.

If you're not allergic, peanut butter is pretty high in calories so a peanut butter sandwich can get you calories fast. I also find that cooking with oil bumps up the calories in everything, so perhaps you can prepare vegetables sauteed or roasted in olive oil? That way you're getting good fats and also getting in your needed calories.
  • ina1975
    ina1975 Posts: 20
    Options
    I just finished my first week too. 5 pounds is GREAT! Love this site...the support is amazing! I'm a bit confused about eating my workout calories, so i'm just sticking to 1200...not having any issues eating those though LOL. Send me a request and we'll help keep each other on tract
    :smile:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Welcome!

My advice: Eat what you love and you will not get bored. DO what you love and you will enjoy exercising. Make this a lifestyle that you can maintain every day for the rest of your life. Nothing too restrictive, intense or extreme. No negative self talk...ever.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Charmagne
  • michelehanson
    Options
    I just started too, but I have found that walking helps a lot and burns a ton of calories. Good luck and I know you can make the goals! You go!:happy:
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    Thank you all so much!