Newbie! & need advice "food"

Options
Hello Everyone!!!

I'm new to the forums and tried calorie counting about a year ago and it worked but I slowly gave up on it because I missed my old foods. Now I'm back because I've been watching biggest loser and I learned that I have to change my lifestyle and food choices completely in order to maintain my ideal body.

SO I really need some advice on SMART foods that will fill me up and be healthy. I'm on a 1200 calorie day diet. I'm willing to try anything. What I find difficult is Dinner & Lunch. IF you could give me any websites for light meals or easy recipes I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• yumcheese
    yumcheese Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My biggest help was lots of veggies and fruits. They help keep the cravings for other things done because I still get the pleasure of eating without all the junk.

For lunch I have a turkey sandwich and always have veggies (carrots, sugar snap peas, cut up celery) on the side instead of my old way - soy crisps or pop chips. While those are definitely better than potato chips, they led to me overeating other stuff. Trying to keep so much sodium out of my lunch. That is a big help for handling the rest of the afternoon.
  • marinakw
    Options
    Look for foods with complex carbs that will keep you feeling full longest. Things like white bread, white rice, chocolate, sugars, etc are all simple carbs. Your body breaks them down quickly and an hour later you still feel hungry. Try eating things like nuts, but limit your servings to a handful at a time.

Salads are great but add in some nuts like almonds, pine nuts, etc and put a bit of crumbled cheese. Yeah it adds calories but a little will fill you up way better than lettuce and dressing. Try a salad with spinach, goat cheese crumbles, a few chopped walnuts or pine nuts and some cranberries, pears, or apples. Tastes amazing!
  • Chrissy721
    Options
    http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabetic-recipes/ is a great website. It is a diabetic website for the most part but they have delicious recipes anyone can eat! You can sort them by choice of, carbs, fat, sodium, calories or by meal types. Have fun looking through the recipes.
  • lhern014
    Options
    Those are amazing pieces of advice!!!