OVER NIGHT OATS - less than 100cals per serving!

Options

Replies

• Amy01Liz
    Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yall wont know until you try it... heck no its NOT one spoon full. Geez that is a little rediculous...

I split the serving up in the container to last me the next 4 days as a mid morning snack... SNACKKKKK ONCE AGAIN... lol

Its approx 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup... I dont WOLF my food down all the time now.. ahaha
  • veggie_jilly
    Options
    I don't know why I assumed you meant breakfast - sorry for joking about it! This would be a good snack :)
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Bump..

This sounds like it would be good with mini chocolate chips.. Yummmm
  • krillersmom
    krillersmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What is PB2? A low-fat peanut butter?

It is a powdered peanut butter. You use it dry in recipes, or add water for a peanut butter texture. Tastes absolutely amazing, and is much lower in fat.

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • krillersmom
    krillersmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yall wont know until you try it... heck no its NOT one spoon full. Geez that is a little rediculous...

I split the serving up in the container to last me the next 4 days as a mid morning snack... SNACKKKKK ONCE AGAIN... lol

Its approx 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup... I dont WOLF my food down all the time now.. ahaha

Man people can be cattier on these posts than a group of high school frenemies on synced cycles! The girl did say mid morning snack right from the get go people!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    That would make about 2.5 cups. So 2 servings would be 1.25 cups and one serving would be 0.625 cups (just under 2/3 cup)
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    Bump, love this stuff
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP for reminding me about overnight oats. I love them.

I will say that it is beyond my senses that folks feel obligated to take things to a negative. If you don't like them....don't make them....no need to post and discourage others. If you want this to be two meal servings rather than 4 "SNACKS" then divide it in 2 and calculate your calories accordingly. It's really not rocket science. AND....we should all be doing our own calorie calculations, because ingredients/brands/etc can vary in calories.

How about we support the original poster rather than live our lives trying to find fault.

JEESH!!!
  • Amy01Liz
    Options

Man people can be cattier on these posts than a group of high school frenemies on synced cycles! The girl did say mid morning snack right from the get go people!

LOL! I know I am go ing to have a head full of gray hair by the time this post is enabled... lol jk...

Glad to see there are some supporters out there too...

Would be wonderful to add in a banana, mini dark chocolate chips, strawberries... ANYTHING to make it more "filling" Heck even add a small scoop of protein powder if you want, just make sure to adjust caloried accordingly :wink:
  • Amy01Liz
    Options
    Thank you OP for reminding me about overnight oats. I love them.

I will say that it is beyond my senses that folks feel obligated to take things to a negative. If you don't like them....don't make them....no need to post and discourage others. If you want this to be two meal servings rather than 4 "SNACKS" then divide it in 2 and calculate your calories accordingly. It's really not rocket science. AND....we should all be doing our own calorie calculations, because ingredients/brands/etc can vary in calories.

How about we support the original poster rather than live our lives trying to find fault.

JEESH!!!

AGREED!! haha :flowerforyou:
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options

To nippick..

1.5 cup of oats = 450 calories
    1 cup almond milk = 40 calories
    1 tbsp PB2 = 23 calories
    1 tbsp brown sugar = 45 calories
    Total = 558 calories

Even if you do get 4 servings out of it (I'd say... more like 2/3), that wouldn't be 100 calories each. Unless you're using oats that somehow have less than 150 calories for 1/2 cup (40g).

To nitpick, "nippick" isn't a word.
    Nice recipe, OP!
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    correction...

MILK - 40
    PB2 - 23
    CINNAMON - 8
    OATS - 375

SERVING 4 is 123 calories...

I messed up on the oats.. but its actually a decent size snack. That is the whole purpose of a "SNACK" and it wont break you calorie bank where just only 2 tbsp of regular PB is 200+ cals!

Heck if your so inclined.. make into 2 servings! it would only be 246 cals! Still very satisfying at one serving for me though. I didnt say it would feed an army... its a mid morning snack :)
    I make refrigerator oatmeal from time to time. I find it much more filling than regular oatmeal. Your recipe sounds tasty!
  • julslenae
    julslenae Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Gotta try this!
  • Tingababoo
    Tingababoo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

I found this site (on a MFP Forum actually) with 6 DELICIOUS recipes for overnight oats, SO GOOD!

Just made the Apple Cinnamon one this morning
    Picture Here: https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10456775_10102394173059825_4717980538720190514_n.jpg

I made it with this Homemade Applesauce
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sarahs-applesauce/
    Edit: Subbed 1 TBSP Brown Sugar and only used 1/2 Cup Water

Enjoy!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share a low-cal recipe I have been using for overnight oats....

1.5 Cups of raw oats
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almod milk
    1 Tbsp PB2
    1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
    a heafty dash of cinnamon (I say 1tsp)

Mix all together and let sit over... serves 4!

My recipe builder calculates this at 85cals per serving! Of course you can add more PB2 of you love peanut butter or even add fruit for a little more extra cals! Its a great mid morning snack! Hope yall enjoy! :flowerforyou:

trying to math here... 1.5 cups oats + 1 cup almond milk equals 2.5 cups. Other ingredients negligible volumewise. so 2.5 cups divided by four is like almost 2/3 of a cup per serving?

is that right?

cup-2-3.jpg
  • getnfit87
    getnfit87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    late to the game I guess, I never heard of making oatmeal this way, thanks for the inspiration, I just made a batch, can't wait till tomorrow to try them. :)
  • getnfit87
    getnfit87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share a low-cal recipe I have been using for overnight oats....

1.5 Cups of raw oats
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almod milk
    1 Tbsp PB2
    1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
    a heafty dash of cinnamon (I say 1tsp)

Mix all together and let sit over... serves 4!

My recipe builder calculates this at 85cals per serving! Of course you can add more PB2 of you love peanut butter or even add fruit for a little more extra cals! Its a great mid morning snack! Hope yall enjoy! :flowerforyou:

trying to math here... 1.5 cups oats + 1 cup almond milk equals 2.5 cups. Other ingredients negligible volumewise. so 2.5 cups divided by four is like almost 2/3 of a cup per serving?

is that right?

cup-2-3.jpg

if you want to eat that much at a time, op uses it for a snack, I made a batch I plan to measure out as much as I want to eat and then EAT it lol :)
  • Amy01Liz
    Options
    yes that measurment is correct.... its not a SUPER HUGE portion, but if you'd eat double the serving then 250cals or so is not so bad for breakfast. Also.. adding fruit will help too...

Getnfit87 - let me know what you think of it! :) Brown sugar is a must for me to add some sweetness to it!