Running PROGRESS!

Options
So I'm training for the Royal Navy so I do a lot of running! Today I ran my quickest mile and quickest 3 miles! My mile was 5 minutes 50 seconds and my 3 mile time was 20 minutes and 14 seconds! I was so happy with my time today so thought I would share it and tell everyone that finding running difficult at the moment to just KEEP AT IT! YOU CAN DO IT! When I first started it took me 22 minutes to run a mile! Or should i say mostly walk! So you can do it as long as you keep trying!!

So I was wondering what everyone else's running times where?! :)

Just remember to keep going! You'll all get to your goals in the end! :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! AND SHARE YOUR RUN TIMES BELOW! AND BE PROUD OF HOW FAR YOU COME FROM WHERE YOU START OFF! :)<3

Replies

• corinne0805
    corinne0805 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! What an inspiration. I am older than you, I am almost 47; and when I started running a couple of months ago my mile time was about 16 minutes a mile (more walking than running). Today I average about 12 minutes a mile, although some miles are 10:30 and others are 13:30. I want to bring my time down to 9 minutes a mile - I think for my age and non-experience that is a good speed for me. Right now I am working on distance, less on speed.
  • RhiannonBaugh
    RhiannonBaugh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! What an inspiration. I am older than you, I am almost 47; and when I started running a couple of months ago my mile time was about 16 minutes a mile (more walking than running). Today I average about 12 minutes a mile, although some miles are 10:30 and others are 13:30. I want to bring my time down to 9 minutes a mile - I think for my age and non-experience that is a good speed for me. Right now I am working on distance, less on speed.

Thats an awesome time :) well done! :D I'm sure it wont take you much longer to get your run down to 9 minutes if your running them times now :)<3
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! You got me beat on the mile, my best is 5:55. 3 miles I have at 19:25. Hoping to break the 20 minute mark in a 5k this year : )
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow, those are great times!

I've been improving drastivally since I restarted running in April, after winter.

So, here are my personal bests.

10 km (6 miles) : 48:14
    5 km (3 miles) : 23:06

Anyone (especially runners!) can add me ^_^
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the c25k program and was stuck for almost 4 weeks at week four - I just couldn't run longer than 4 minutes!! I was finally able to break that plateau and run for 6.5 minutes! Then I tried to ride my bicycle (24 miles) and really hurt my knees. Now I'm trying HARD to give them the rest that they need - but am anxious to get back to my running. Ugh. You are doing GREAT!
  • RhiannonBaugh
    RhiannonBaugh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    AMAZING stuff everyone!! Well done :):D
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I just started adding in running to the mix of things I do and I was originally at a 13 minute mile, now I am at an 11 minute mile. I can't seem to make myself go any faster at this point :grumble: , guess I will just keep at it.
  • corinne0805
    corinne0805 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I joined a running group for moms that meets once a week. I am by far the oldest in the group; most of the others are in their early 30s and I am in my late 40s. They have been so good for me - first off, their encouragement is awesome, and second, I want to run with them so I am pushed to go further and faster than if I ran by myself. I do run by myself several times a week, and use a variety of apps to help me.

I have almost completed the C25K app (did week 7 day 2 yesterday) and that app is what got me running further than 2 minutes at a time! Once I am done with that I will go onto their C210K programme and then onto the 1/2 marathon training.

Once a week I do a 'hill run'. I live in Stone Oak in San Antonio TX. It is on the cusp of Hill Country and as a result is quite hilly. My neighborhood is called Las Lomas - The Hills. I do a route that is 2.6 miles long and every week I work on improving my time. It is great because once I have run hills, running the flats feels amazing!

When I started running I did it mostly because I cannot justify spending money on a monthly gym membership at the moment, and it was too cold to swim; I also have 4 dogs that need to be exercised. In the last 3 months I have lost 15lbs (I have another 30 to go), and seen a huge improvement in my stamina and speed. I might never win medals in my age group when I run 5Ks and so on, but to see how far I have I come personally is huge.
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Ya know it's funny...I have BQed a marathon, have run 10 miler in 1:14 (and hope to break 1:10 in september), run a 10k and hope to break 42 min in a couple weeks...but I have never raced a mile or a 5k (no joke!) . I am going to do a 5k at the end of the summer :)

I did, however, have a 6:05 mile on mile 12 of a 13 mile fast finish long run. That was a major victory for me!
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    Started running in April after losing 60 lbs... NEVER ran before.

5k I just ran at 23:11 and my last 10k I broke 50 with a 49:28
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    well done everyone :)

my last run was week 5 day 3 of the c25k program and i did it :) week 6 day 1 for me tonight, i can't believe how quickly my body is adapting and how much i'm enjoying it

i actually get annoyed if i CAN'T go for a run
  • Cpollard6608
    Cpollard6608 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Outstanding progress!! My fastest 5k came two weeks ago with a 22:14 time and I completed a half in April with a time of 1:51