Has anyone pre-listed their food plan for the week?

Options
Hello was wondering if anyone had pre-listed their food plan for the week rather that do it as they eat it? And if so did they loose more weight?

Replies

• ctheslayer
    Options
    I don't do it for the week but I do it for the next day and it works wonders for me psychologically. For example, if I put down that I will have a banana and yogurt then I will most likely bring a banana and yogurt from home. Also, if I know that we will be going out to dinner the following day then I can plan to balance out the calories throughout the day to prepare for a heavier meal.

It works for me and I highly recommend it.
  • ctheslayer
    Options
    I don't do it for the week but I do it for the next day and it works wonders for me psychologically. For example, if I put down that I will have a banana and yogurt then I will most likely bring a banana and yogurt from home. Also, if I know that we will be going out to dinner the following day then I can plan to balance out the calories throughout the day to prepare for a heavier meal.

• meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    When I am putting in what I had for breakfast, I put in what I plan to eat the rest of the day. It keeps me from running out of calories at the end of the day!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I use the food journal as more of a meal planner and it works for me. It seems harder to list food as you eat it, and it gives me something to follow when I plan ahead. Occasionally, I may change something, but I'm always under my calorie goal after I log in my exercise. I've lost 43 pounds so far. The only down side is, once when my computer wasn't working right, I was in a panick... didn't know what to eat without my mfp food log... lol
  • Tammie37
    Tammie37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do that. It works MUCH better for me. I was looking to see if there is somewhere to do it on this site; right now I just write it down (it helps with the shopping list as well, I waste much less now). Is there somewhere on this site to plan ahead?

3308990.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I usually start my day with entering everything in if I have time, that way I know how much room I truthfully have for snacks, or how much of a serving I should have for that day. I've also started planning meals for the week, and buying only what I need to make those meals, and of course my favorite snacks. I'm hoping it will help me keep on track knowing I have food to cook everyday and what I'm planning on making, as well as save on wasted groceries that I don't eat, and saved money! Good luck!
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am trying to plan for the day....BUT, I do leave some extra calories at the end. I don't want to go over, so I budget in some extra calories for eating more than I have planned.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do that. It works MUCH better for me. I was looking to see if there is somewhere to do it on this site; right now I just write it down (it helps with the shopping list as well, I waste much less now). Is there somewhere on this site to plan ahead?

Yes! When you go to your food diary, you will see the date at the top with arrows going to the right and to the left. Click the arrow on the right to go to the next day and click the arrow on the left to go back in time. You can just click through the upcoming days and enter ahead of time for planning purposes.
  • princess_f
    Options
    I do a plan for evening meals, helps with my food shop budget too
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I almost always plan the entire next day... and at the end of that day I make any necessary changes.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I plan and prepare/cook on Sunday for the following week. I save time, money and brain cells having to decide what to eat the next day. I do change it up every week so I don't get bored of the same foods. It sounds like a lot of work, but it's really easy once you get used to it.
  • brentoski
    Options
    I just decided to add a meal group called pre-planned meals on MFP. I think I will try and enter in tomorrow's food into it and then remove it from that category and enter it into the correct place after I eat it.
  • clairebair
    Options
    thank u all - i found all the replies very helpful.
  • denise309
    Options

This is exactly how I do it...and if I have to change thats cool too, I worry Im going to run out of calories, which is so opposite of my old eathing habits...where I just ate...
    I like to plan ahead that way Im ready and it makes it easier to say no to bad food and yes to the good ones
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    I don't do the whole week, but I put in what I plan to eat each day...it helps me stay on track much more because my calories are already assigned, that way I don't stray that much because I know it will push me over the edge. I am finding this technique very useful, and I imagine that it is going to translate into a loss.
  • TuRboJamEVeRydaY
    TuRboJamEVeRydaY Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For the WEEK? Im not that organized, I dont even know what Im going to have for dinner. lol!