I had a huge binge!!!

Options
I'm leaving for vacation on Sunday which is only 5 days away and I just had a huge week long binge... i gained nearly fifteen pounds. What can I do to drop the weight again and stay on track this time?

Replies

• miss_phat_booty
    Options
    Is it even possible to gain 15 lbs in a week?!?!?!:noway:
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you can't control yourself, and you're eating 10,000 calories/day, you might benefit from seeing a mental health professional. Seriously. Not an insult.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You ate 52,500 calories above maintenance in a week? What did you do, eat 500 Godiva truffles?

I have a feeling part of this weight gain is probably bloat and will be quickly gone once you get your colon moving.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Perhaps it's water weight from all the sodium and bloating? Either way how is it humanly possible to gain 15 lbs in a week.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    It's probably not possible to gain 15 lbs. in a week. Most of that is water weight.

I would SERIOUSLY work on your relationship with food. Are you being too restrictive in your eating? Too few calories? Are certain foods "bad" in your eyes?

Normalizing your eating is one important key to overcoming emotionally driven eating.

If you can manage it, just resume your regular, healthy eating habits. Pretty simple in theory. Much more difficult when you are beating yourself up for not being perfect. :) You chose to eat more last week. Accept it. Now you will choose to eat lighter and healthier. There is really no time limit on learning healthy eating habits. Consider this part of the learning process/journey.
  • NiCu02
    NiCu02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters, I think at least some of the weight is water weight that you can push off by reducing your sodium intake for the rest of the week.
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Options

i gained 7lbs last week on my vacation, i believe it could be possible. i would say just let it go and go back to regular eating for now. good luck and enjoy your vacation
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    How do you gain 15 lbs in a week? Hope it's a typo!
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters, I think at least some of the weight is water weight that you can push off by reducing your sodium intake for the rest of the week.

It has to be. Because I think that is...impossible. 15 lbs in a week? I mean, if that is correct, it's downright impressive.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    1st post, no friends, my "Trolldar" is on alert. LoL
  • abbytmartin
    Options
    Thanks, That's what I'm thinking.
  • abbytmartin
    Options
    It wasn't. It happened.
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck on not gaining another 15 pounds on your vacation.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I gained 9 pounds in 4 days once when I was taken off my HBP meds..(it had a diuretic in it), it was mostly water weight and I was able to drink lots of water and get rid of that in about 4-5 days....
  • Annesoucy1957
    Options
    If you binge to this level you need help to address this issue.