"You were right" flat belly NSV.

Options
MyChocolateDiet
MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
So my mom's been steadily losing weight and last time I saw her she was complaining about a "pooch" on her belly and talking about doing sit ups and asking if I knew any she could do in her current condition without hurting herself. (She'd had an accident and was worried about aggravating things or hurting herself.)

I told her, "well from watching you eat, I think you are doing a great job on focusing on healthy foods first since your appetite's not great and your portions end up being small. The weight's just coming off all over and as long as you keep losing, your waistline is just another area that will come off soon, if not next."

Fast forward to yesterday at clothes shopping she had to go down 4 sizes from a pair of brand new pants she had on when I showed up that she bought based on size in a rush without trying on. Now in her smaller size she rubbed her now totally flat belly and said "You were right, the belly is completely gone now!" Of course she then found another little area with a little extra stuff she doesn't want to see there and asked again,

"How do I get rid of that?"

"Just keep losing, the fat's just coming off everywhere just some places first other places last. Just keep doing what you're doing."

"No special exercises?".

"No."

"Hm." Back to smiling big:bigsmile: admiring self in mirror in new well fitting clothes for the summer.

woman-looking-in-mirror.jpg

Even though rachulj is not on here anymore I want to thank her and others for making it perfectly clear to me that sit ups are not needed to achieve flat tummy. It meant everything to me to be able to tell my mother that in her delicate condition and have her accept it, and have it work so she can rely on what I say more in the future. One thing at a time though. Right now the only important thing was that she not aggravate any of her current injuries/surgeries by doing "strenuous" things against Dr.s orders. The fact that she can get to a figure she's happy with by diet alone so far is just a nice way for her to have joy during a stressful and arduous time.

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your mother respecting and seeking out your opinion and advice!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Great story, thanks!

Your welcome, I just could never have thought that bit of knowledge would have come so in handy one day and so wanted to make sure it's out there in case anyone's sick and shouldn't be "pushing it" and yet wants a nice figure.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Congratulations on your mother respecting and seeking out your opinion and advice!

Thanks. I never knew she thought I was good at weight loss and heath stuff? Thought my brother wore that hat in our family. It was certainly motivating and encouraging. Mostly though, it was WONDERFUL to know that she had something she could rely on in her time of need and would not be swayed by television nonsense or whatnot.
  • flow2512
    flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you have given me hope that if I carry on losing the weight slowly as I am doing, then my stomach will go down in time - I just think it's going to be the last think to shrink for me.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Thank you, you have given me hope that if I carry on losing the weight slowly as I am doing, then my stomach will go down in time - I just think it's going to be the last think to shrink for me.

It might be, but it will still be gone in time. Just stick with it. Some people give up when they think they are supposed to be doing something specific for that, and that either ends up non productive or seems to backfire. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!