umm... Kinda embarassing but

Options
So I am having some bathroom issues... Like I am not going enough... I eat a lot of fiber, though maybe not enough...

I get this pain in my side, almost like a stitch (when you run or walk to fast or much) and i can "feel' gas bubbles. I am gassy but am not really "going" alot. Any suggestions? More fiber? Less? laxative?

Replies

• lisabernard
    lisabernard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Water. Lots and lots of water.
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I answered my own question.. I am NOT getting enough fiber! I will have to change that effective NOW!
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hmmm how much fiber are you getting? Apple, Kashi GoLean crunch, Oatmeal, green leafy veggies and fiber one cereal sometimes can do the trick :) Also try to diet at least 8 full glasses of water (maybe even a little more). I hope this helps!
  • yumcheese
    yumcheese Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try fruit or - especially - dried fruit. Best kind of fiber for that kind of problem. Dried apricots will probably do the trick.
  • BandMom2
    Options
    Fiber is great! But not so good if you are not getting enough fluids (water) I would not stop the fiber but would add about 1/2 as much water to your diet. If you are getting the eight glasses recommended then I would step it up to 12. If you continue to eat the fiber and get enough liquid things should work out. ; )
  • MSWRKOUT
    MSWRKOUT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinikng? maybe you need to drink a little bit more, that may be the key.
  • kyboersarah
    Options
    Citrucel can really help too along with GasX...Remember too much fiber can be a bad thing too :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    eat your fruit!
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    I try to eat a lot of fiber, but I also don't get enough. One thing I have tried and I really like is the benefiber stick packs. I tried supplementing my fiber with food, but even all those veggies, extra fiber bread, etc wasn't getting me enough. Especially with the limited calorie intake.
    The stick packs make me get in the extra 3 glasses of water a day, but I don't feel bloated or anything. They have really helped me out and best of all, they have no tasts. I use the little 8 oz bottles of water. I add 1 stick pack and refill with water and shake until it's clear. You can't taste a thing! They are about $10 at Target for 28 packs and you take 3 per day (max) or less depending on the fiber. They are 15kcal per stick pack, but worth it to me! I add them on my food log and they are in the database.
    Good luck.. hope this helps!
  • imustdecrease
    Options
    let me guess. Lower right hand side.. there is a sac there that can become impacted. Try some oc fiber metamucel i guess.. I use Shaklee herblax..works great to get things going.
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    let me guess. Lower right hand side.. there is a sac there that can become impacted. Try some oc fiber metamucel i guess.. I use Shaklee herblax..works great to get things going.
    Lowe left side... and it is since I have had my hystorectomy