What is the 30 day shred?

Options
I see this on a lot of posts, but not sure what it is?

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    It's a workout video from Jillian Michaels. :) I believe that you do it for 30 days. There's different levels.
  • MissMed07
    Options
    It's a fantastic workout video from Jillian Michaels that consists of three 22 minute workouts. You are supposed to to do about 10 days at Level One and then progress to Level Two then Three. It consists her 3-2-1 Interval Training. 3 Minutes of Strength, 2 minutes of Cardio and 1 minute of ab work. It's a high intensity workout that helps burn fat and build lean muscle. I have been doing it for some time and it's a kick butt workout. I highly recommend it. Here's what you do in level one.

Level One:
    Warm up
    Circuit #1:
    Strength: Push ups and Squats and Presses
    Cardio: Jumping Jacks and Jump Rope (w/o the rope)
    Abs: Basic Crunch and an exercise that works lower abs ( dont know the name)

Circuit #2:
    Strength: Tricep Kickbacks and Lunges with Biceps Curls
    Cardio: Butt Kicks and Punching
    Abs: Side crunches (obliques)

Circuit #3
    Strength: Chest Flys and Lunges with Lateral Raises
    Cardio: Jumping Jacks, Jump Rope, Punches, Butt Kicks
    Abs: Bicycle Crunches

Cool Down
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I started it 2 days ago and level one is kicking my butt! It's a great workout and you can buy the dvd at Wal-Mart, Target, etc. for about $9. You should give it a go!
  • bluebeta
    Options
    I'm on day 10, ready to move to level 2 tomorrow. Hope I can handle it.
  • SilverRoxy
    Options
    Hi there!

I bought the shred months ago and never really stuck with it. :( But this time I'm determined too! So last week I did it 3 days in a row but by Friday was so sore I could hardly do it. I took the weekend off because I was sick and think I needed a recovery period. But today I'm back at it.

There are so many shred blogs on here that it almost seems silly to start a new one....but let's do it!
  • mizliz1981
    Options
    I was wondering how many calories people feel they burn on her work out for the 30day shred or the 40 minnute boost your matabolism one?
    Thanks
  • SilverRoxy
    Options
    Oh... and by the way... I'm sure I haven't really changed but I feel like my arms look better already after only 3 workouts. Again, probablly a little too much optimism but what ever works...right?
  • Weimamama
    Options
    I just bought it today. If you buy one of the accessory sets at Target ($20). You get the video for free right now. ($9)