Should i be upping calories?

Options
Im doing the TDEE method and i put moderately active like everyone suggested and it put me at 1850 calories a day. I workout 5 days a week. I lift 3 days a week. I run 4 miles 2 days a week and after my lift days i run a quick mile. Is that enough calories to support all the working out that i do?

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Im doing the TDEE method and i put moderately active like everyone suggested and it put me at 1850 calories a day. I workout 5 days a week. I lift 3 days a week. I run 4 miles 2 days a week and after my lift days i run a quick mile. Is that enough calories to support all the working out that i do?

No

Set your TDEE to light activity then log all your exercise separately - eat back your exercise calories

Eat:

TDEE minus 20%
    or
    TDEE minus 500 calories per day
  • MyiahRose
    MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
    Options

No

Set your TDEE to light activity then log all your exercise separately - eat back your exercise calories

Eat:

TDEE minus 20%
    or

Huh? The purpose of the TDEE method is so i wont have to eat back exercise calories.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    how can we advise you if you don't tell us your stats
  • MyiahRose
    MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    how can we advise you if you don't tell us your stats

5'8 F 176 pounds 23 years old
  • mdizzle99
    mdizzle99 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The most effective way to determine whether or not it is enough calories is by trying it. If eating that many calories gets you closer to your goals then stay with it. No calculator/estimator will be perfect.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

No

Eat:

TDEE minus 20%
    or

Huh? The purpose of the TDEE method is so i wont have to eat back exercise calories.

Well then your TDEE needs to include all those exercises

What is the 'TDEE method'? Is that a thing?

Here's mine:

My TDEE is set to low activity (I do a little walking about at work, and around the home)
    So TDEE = 2076
    To lose a pound per week I take off 500 per day
    =1576

I use a HRM to gauge my exercise calories and eat them back
    It works out to be incredibly accurate for me
    The more I exercise, the more I can eat
    The weight loss is at just the right level - almost exactly a pound a week, every week
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Are you saying you set it to moderately active on MFP? The MFP method does not include exercise. You can manually put in the numbers the want.

I tried this one http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and got 2519 TDEE for you, and -20% 2015. Try some different online calculators and average them out. Like another poster said, you will not know until you start eating at that level either, as the online calculators are just estimates. Make adjustments based on how much you lose after that. Good luck!